• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Typical tactic. Setting up any opposition as being against safety. It's common sense don'tcha know.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    The bill’s sponsor, 7th Ward Councilwoman Cathy Fahey (D), said, “It goes without saying those accidents are preventable when guns are safely locked up. It’s a tough law to disagree with because it saves lives of criminals

Fixed that for her.

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    avail themselves of “safe storage,” defined as “a safe or other secure container which, when locked, is incapable of being opened without the key, combination or other unlocking mechanism and is capable of preventing an unauthorized person from obtaining access to and possession of the weapon contained therein.

Sounds like my house ... it is locked ... you can't get in without authorization or a key ... those that do - are generally authorized ... and it is secured by lock, dog, and glock ...

NY can go fall in the sea - they held up liberty since day 1 anyway ... last of 13.

I need to get busy w/ stuff .. ugh.

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    Why can't we require an IQ test for anyone running for a political office? "incapable of being opened without the key or combination..." Oh, please..... Lockpickers and locksmiths around the world are laughing their butts off.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Look I'm all for people taking personal responsibility to safeguard their firearms. It's the whole "we need to make it mandatory in order to save lives" line that I take issue with.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    And how long after that, when it's shown that this law did nothing, do they say you should be required to have your firearms locked up at a police station/shooting club?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Look I'm all for people taking personal responsibility to safeguard their firearms. It's the whole "we need to make it mandatory in order to save lives" line that I take issue with.

And that is the crux of progressivism, no matter what party you associate with, they all are infected to one degree or another. "Mandate others do that which you approve and ban others from doing that which you disapprove."

Droogie

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2015
    Zionsville
    It’s a tough law to disagree with because it saves lives.”

I wish voters would demand proof when a politician makes a "factual" statement.
    -How do you know it saves lives?
    -Has it been tried somewhere else? What do the numbers show?
    -What if we try it, and the numbers don't support the assertion?
    -Will this law expire if it doesn't do what you promised?

Then, really difficult questions:
    -How much are we willing to spend to save one life?
    -How much freedom are we willing to give away?

Last edited:

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Well, it's NY so THEY must resist it vehemently. Not much can by done to affect the legislature in that center of leftist bile from here.

NY'ers are pretty much used to being repressed I think. It is their own fault.

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    Well, it's NY so THEY must resist it vehemently. Not much can by done to affect the legislature in that center of leftist bile from here.

While I agree it is their own fault, we are all in this together. What happens in California and New York has a tendency to spread like a cancer to other states and it sets legal precedent. Unfortunately, since NY is far removed from IN, probably the most effective thing we can do is help with the legal fight when the time comes.

Tanfodude

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    4 Seasons
    Looking at the other side. What are the effective means of decreasing the chances or incidents of these firearm accidents at home from the people ignorant about firearm safety so we can prevent .gov from stepping over?

Coz everytime this happens, it just adds ammo to the antis.

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009

The rotten apple controls the politics of NY just like crook-county controls the politics of IL. There's not that much anybody living in west or north NY can do either. At the national championship at Camp Perry several years ago, there were competitors from NY who were talking about a coming revolution

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Why can't we require an IQ test for anyone running for a political office? "incapable of being opened without the key or combination..." Oh, please..... Lockpickers and locksmiths around the world are laughing their butts off.

avail themselves of “safe storage,” defined as “a safe or other secure container which, when locked, is incapable of being opened without the key, combination or other unlocking mechanism and is capable of preventing an unauthorized person from obtaining access to and possession of the weapon contained therein.

I think lockpickers and locksmiths fall under the "other unlocking mechanism". ;)

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    That legislature is corrupt to the core, like chicago and jersey. Everything revolves around somebody with connections bending the law to make money.

Top Bottom