• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ashby koss

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Connersville
    I'm, for one, getting rather tired of being told what I can and cannot do in regards to firearms in America. The supposed land of the free. This weekend while out camping I had my kayak overturn and due to the water and cold I was unable to retrieve any of my firearms, they were tragically ALL lost. I will continue to buy ammunition for them for memory and keepsakes.

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    "It threatens public safety," Jones said.
    :n00b:
    When are the last couple of holdout states gonna let go of the argument that the world will descend into chaos if people are not denied there rights.Public safety has never been threatened by permit or license holders.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    The proposed legislation is an overreaction to fears that the federal government will tighten gun control in the wake of December's massacre at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn., Taylor said.
    "This is going a little overboard," he said. "There is going to be no law that says we're going to come and take your guns away. But the public is afraid that's fixing to happen."
    Oh, Sheriff. Don't worry, there is going to be no law that says we're going to come and take away your ability to arrest people for gun violations. But the Sheriffs are afraid that's fixing to happen.

:rolleyes:
    The sheriffs support the Second Amendment as much as anyone, Jones said, but they also support the other amendments.
    No. No they don't. Saying they do doesn't mean they do.

redlegrod

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    Public demonstrations and sporting events also would be spaces that would have to allow concealed pistols, Jones said. And a gun could be in a motor vehicle without a permit, he said.

"It threatens public safety," Jones said.

Yea, because when do law abiding citizens go around shooting up the public?

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I love the civil liability clause, wish we had it here.

Agreed it would certainly give the police some incentive to actually know the law. There are far too many horror stories of people being harassed for not breaking the law.

It really is a shame that a small number of people have caused need for a clause like that and give police everywhere a bad name.

RustyHornet

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I'm, for one, getting rather tired of being told what I can and cannot do in regards to firearms in America. The supposed land of the free. This weekend while out camping I had my kayak overturn and due to the water and cold I was unable to retrieve any of my firearms, they were tragically ALL lost. I will continue to buy ammunition for them for memory and keepsakes.

^This.. I had the same tragic thing happen.... Really sucks but the ammo brings back memories...:(

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I know nothing about this particular sheriff, but, traditionally, "may issue" is preferred to "shall issue" to allow denying firearms to minorities, especially in the south.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Alabama is technically "may issue", but they've been acting as "shall issue" for years, or at least that's what I've been given to understand. With the reaction of these two sheriffs, I have to wonder if that is truly the case.

It sounds more to me like we're dealing with two guys scared of losing a little bit of personal power and willing to jeopardize public safety and to lie to keep it. Maybe two guys that will find themselves looking for work when next their counties elect sheriffs.

Blessings,
    Bill

Foxxwoof

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Battle Ground
    "There is going to be no law that says we're going to come and take your guns away. But the public is afraid that's fixing to happen."

Funny that seems to be exactly what the new proposed legislation in MO and MN seem to be aimed at doing. I don't see why people in AL or any other state for that matter shouldn't think that it could happen to them.

silverspoon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Bloomfield
    It sounds more to me like we're dealing with two guys scared of losing a little bit of personal power and willing to jeopardize public safety and to lie to keep it. Maybe two guys that will find themselves looking for work when next their counties elect sheriffs.

Blessings,
    Bill

This^^

It's all about power. You want a permit but you didn't vote for the Sheriff or he just doesn't like you for some reason ... no permit for you. Nothing like having to kiss a$$ and ask for permission to exercise a God given right.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    This^^

It's all about power. You want a permit but you didn't vote for the Sheriff or he just doesn't like you for some reason ... no permit for you. Nothing like having to kiss a$$ and ask for permission to exercise a God given right.

This was exactly the way it used to be in MI. You donated enough money to the Sheriffs campaign you got an unrestricted permit. Prior to the shall issue law having an unrestricted permit in MI was a status symbol of the highest order.

calcot7

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Indy N Side
    Sorry for your loss. Yes, do keep buying the ammunition if you can find it. But to furthure honor the lost firearms I suggest you go to the approx. scene of the accident and throw the ammo into the water also.

KoopaKGB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 99%
    101   1   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    South Bend
    "These bills would give rise to circumstance with unintended consequences"

It seems like that folks who submit to their states background check, paper work, pay the fees and submit their fingerprints should be allowed to carry. I mean the government has your fringerprints, and some more of your money. Whats not to like from that standpoint?

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Alabama is technically "may issue", but they've been acting as "shall issue" for years, or at least that's what I've been given to understand. With the reaction of these two sheriffs, I have to wonder if that is truly the case.
    Indiana is often spoken of as "shall issue" but we are not. We are "may issue" as long as it's purely the judgement of the ISP who is and who is not a "proper person". Reform or repeal the "proper person" clauses and insert the words "shall issue" into IC 35-47-2, and then Indiana will be "shall issue".

Classic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Madison County
    I assume the Sheriff in AL is elected. Alabamans need to own the results. Same with states that have elected Demorats and now are facing semi-auto and magazine bans. For what ever flaws the Republicans may have I have yet to see even one obnoxious "ban bill" submitted by a Repub. Seems to be limited to Democrat party. Vote for Dems, own the result!

Top Bottom