Al Gore to endorse and do whatever to get Obama elected...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008

[FONT=verdana, tahoma, helvetica]Dear Ryan,[/FONT]
    [FONT=verdana, tahoma, helvetica] A few hours from now I will step on stage in Detroit, Michigan to announce my support for Senator Barack Obama. From now through Election Day, I intend to do whatever I can to make sure he is elected President of the United States.[/FONT]
    [FONT=verdana, tahoma, helvetica]Over the next four years, we are going to face many difficult challenges -- including bringing our troops home from Iraq, fixing our economy, and solving the climate crisis. Barack Obama is clearly the candidate best able to solve these problems and bring change to America.[/FONT]
    [FONT=verdana, tahoma, helvetica]I've never asked members of AlGore.com to contribute to a political campaign before, but this moment and this election are too important to let pass without taking action.[/FONT]
    [FONT=verdana, tahoma, helvetica]That's why I am asking you to join me today in showing your support for Barack Obama by making a contribution to his campaign today:[/FONT]
    [FONT=verdana, tahoma, helvetica]https://donate.barackobama.com/support[/FONT]
    [FONT=verdana, tahoma, helvetica]Over the past 18 months, Barack Obama has united a movement. He knows change does not come from 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue or Capitol Hill. It begins when people stand up and take action.[/FONT]
    [FONT=verdana, tahoma, helvetica]With the help of millions of supporters like you, Barack Obama will bring the change we so desperately need in order to solve our country's most pressing problems.[/FONT]
    [FONT=verdana, tahoma, helvetica]If you've already contributed to Barack Obama's campaign, I ask that you consider making another contribution. If you haven't, please join the movement right now:[/FONT]
    [FONT=verdana, tahoma, helvetica]On the issues that matter most, Barack Obama is clearly the right choice to lead our nation.[/FONT]
    [FONT=verdana, tahoma, helvetica]We have a lot of work to do in the next few months to elect Barack Obama president and it begins by making a contribution to his campaign today.[/FONT]
    [FONT=verdana, tahoma, helvetica]Thank you,[/FONT]
    [FONT=verdana, tahoma, helvetica]Al Gore [/FONT]
    [FONT=verdana, tahoma, helvetica]LIVE TONIGHT -- 8:30 p.m. EDT: Watch streaming video of Al Gore and Barack Obama at a rally in Detroit, Michigan:[/FONT]
    [FONT=verdana, tahoma, helvetica]http://www.BarackObama.com[/FONT]

YEAH RIGHT! I just lost alot of respect for this man. I supported Gore because he acted to organize a global assault on Global Warming. Something we all need to get involved in. But now, now I will be find a different venue to do that. What a waste of a good man.

Paul

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Brownsburg
    YEAH RIGHT! I just lost alot of respect for this man. I supported Gore because he acted to organize a global assault on Global Warming. Something we all need to get involved in. But now, now I will be find a different venue to do that. What a waste of a good man.

No offense, but All Gore is a joke and was before he supported Obama. Global Warming is not being caused by us, we are actually going into an ice age. He uses fear and false info to scare the sheep to give him money.

He is also anti-gun :xmad:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I knew he was anti-gun but this is just crossing a line that gets under my skin. Its just like I'm a big fan of Evan Bayh. I don't agree with all his policies, but he stands up for the Constitution. I got a few chances to meet him and even served as a page for him a couple times. But he endorsed Clinton and I expressed my great displeasure with him over this. I explained my reasons and he did well to address my concerns. He seemed to be somewhat naive to her policies, but ultimatly endorsed her because of her economic policies. In either case, we are constantly being forced to choose between the lesser of two evils in every election here recently. I hope to God this Country wakes up and sees their Constitutional rights trump all other issues.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I knew he was anti-gun but this is just crossing a line that gets under my skin. Its just like I'm a big fan of Evan Bayh. I don't agree with all his policies, but he stands up for the Constitution. I got a few chances to meet him and even served as a page for him a couple times. But he endorsed Clinton and I expressed my great displeasure with him over this. I explained my reasons and he did well to address my concerns. He seemed to be somewhat naive to her policies, but ultimatly endorsed her because of her economic policies. In either case, we are constantly being forced to choose between the lesser of two evils in every election here recently. I hope to God this Country wakes up and sees their Constitutional rights trump all other issues.

I respect that you like Bayh. My experience with the man is quite different from yours, as is my opinion on his position on the Constitution. To explain why, here's a copy of the correspondence I had in June with the Senator in re: HR 2640:

Senator Bayh,
    I know that this is likely a wasted effort to write to you, however I cannot and will not allow this bill to pass and go for the President's signature without voicing my objection to it. I cannot under any circumstance accept the underhanded and deceitful method by which this was passed through the House and done so such that American citizens who actually do get involved in and monitor the actions of you who we hire (elect) to administer our government for us are barred from knowing who voted.
    Sir, the American people deserve better and even if you don't agree that the Constitution was written by men who believed that people should be armed and prepared to defend themselves and the country, even if you totally dismiss the certainty of another terrorist attack on American soil, you are clearly smart enough to see that the peoples' right to know whether or not their Congresspersons are truly representing them or not was usurped. Even if the other reasons together are not enough for you, certainly that must be sufficient to prompt you to vote against this travesty of a bill.
    I look forward to your reply addressing this issue and will expect to see the bill defeated in the Senate.
    Thank you for your attention and assistance in this matter,
    Most sincerely,
    (my signature and city)

Dear Mr. _____:
    Thank you for contacting me regarding gun control. I appreciate your thoughts and concerns on this important issue.
    The primary purpose of any gun control legislation must be to keep firearms out of the hands of criminals or juveniles. Throughout my public life, I have opposed legislation that fails to appropriately balance the need to maintain a safe society with the ability of law-abiding Americans to own and use firearms responsibly. I have always supported the Second Amendment and have opposed efforts to impose burdensome regulations on gun-owners. I believe that tough and effective enforcement of existing firearms laws is the best way to save lives.
    Please be assured, that as gun control legislation is brought before the Senate in the future, I will keep your views in mind.
    Thank you for contacting me. I hope the information I have provided is helpful. My website, <http://bayh.senate.gov> , can provide additional details about legislation and state projects, and you can also sign up to receive my monthly e-newsletter, The Bayh Bulletin , by clicking on the link at the top of my homepage. I value your input and hope you will continue to keep me informed of the issues important to you.

Dear Sen. Bayh,
    Thank you for the form-letter reply I received. It is refreshing to know that someone at least read enough of my email to recognize the correct subject, even if it was not you yourself, Senator. I must take issue with one of the phrases for which you take responsibility, since the letter originated in your office:
    "The primary purpose of any gun control legislation must be to keep firearms out of the hands of criminals or juveniles."
    Since there is no legislation which will keep guns out of the hands of criminals, how about instead of concentrating on regulating objects, we regulate the criminals? Senator, if someone commits a crime with a bomb or a hammer, we don't go trying to further regulate bombs and hammers, why would there be a difference if the tool used is a gun? As for juveniles, would it not be better to educate them, much as we do about fire safety (stop, drop, and roll) and medical emergencies (CPR/1st Aid)? Surely if a child can be taught to stop, drop, and roll when he is _on fire_, he can be taught to Stop, Don't Touch, Leave the Area, and Tell an Adult, or better yet, be taught, as happened for many years _in schools_, how to safely handle firearms.
    You also wrote (or took responsibility for the phrase: )
    "Throughout my public life, I have opposed legislation that fails to appropriately balance the need to maintain a safe society with the ability of law-abiding Americans to own and use firearms responsibly. I have always supported the Second Amendment and have opposed efforts to impose burdensome regulations on gun-owners. I believe that tough and effective enforcement of existing firearm s laws is the best way to save lives."
    Senator Bayh, I'm sorry to remind you that this is not true.
    In 1999, you voted to more strictly regulate the sale of Americans' private property by forcing them to do so via licensed dealers. Once again, if you want to sell your neighbor a hammer, do you need to do so at a hardware store? In 2004 and in 2005, you voted against protecting firearms manufacturers from civil liability for the proper function of their product. Should Ford be responsible any time someone dies or is injured in a car accident or because of the intentional misuse of their product by a criminal? Also in 2005, you voted to require the sale of a lock with a handgun, increasing prices of the latter and encouraging people to be defenseless when they might have the greatest need for their weapon to be accessible.
    These are not the votes that oppose burdensome restrictions and regulations on gun owners, nor do they promote a safe society.
    Where gun ownership increases, even the DOJ and CDC have found violent crime decreases. How can you claim to vote in favor of legal gun owners when your votes indicate otherwise?

"Please be assured, that as gun control legislation is brought before the Senate in the future, I will keep your views in mind."

I hope that you do so with a better record than you have so far shown. You did well with the vote to prohibit confiscation in times of disaster, and as this is the most recent of your votes, I will consider it encouraging for now. I wrote to you, Senator, because you are one of two who are supposed to represent me in the Senate. Sadly, neither you nor Mr. Lugar have displayed sterling pro-Second Amendment records.

Dear Mr. _____:
    Thanks for writing me again. I'm sorry that you didn't find my answer to be satisfactory. I do my best to ensure that your questions are answered fully, even when the issues are complex.
    When making a decision, I work to gather as much information as possible and listen to the concerns of all my constituents to make a decision that I think is right. I hope that more often than not, the positions I take are consistent with your views.
    On those decisions where we disagree, I hope you will not be discouraged from continuing to contact me. Because, at the end of the day, democracy works best when the people's voices are heard by their representatives. Your view is important to me and your opinion will be fully considered.
    Again, thank you for contacting me. I hope that the information I have provided is helpful. My website, <http://bayh.senate.gov/>, can provide additional details about legislation and state projects that may be of interest to you. I value your input and hope you will continue to keep me informed of the issues important to you.

(Once again, I respect that you like the man. I offer the above as information, that you may judge it's relevance for yourself.)

I never responded to this last letter, primarily because it was not that I found his answer "unsatisfactory", but rather because the first answer he sent me was full of lies. If the Senator wants to say that he supports the rights of the people, he cannot disregard those rights, as his voting record clearly shows he does.

I find it very sad that in Indiana, our so-called "representatives" in the Senate are both anti-gun rights and would love few things more than to see everyone in the state disarmed. That power is forbidden not only to the Congress but to any and all people. Where the First Amendment states that "Congress shall make no law...", the Second is not so specific. Put another way, Congress alone is specifically Constitutionally forbidden from making laws respecting establishments of religion, abridging freedoms of speech and the press, peaceable assembly, and the petition for redress of grievance. No state legislature is forbidden to do these things by a strict reading of the Constitution in 1791, when that was ratified. In contrast, because a well-regulated militia is necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms is not to be infringed (by ANYONE).

In 2008, however, all of the above and many others have been "interpreted" away from their original intent. Our Founders would be spinning in their graves if they knew.

That's my take on it. YMMV.

Blessings,
    B

Last edited:

Crystalship1

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    Oaklandon, IN.
    No offense, but All Gore is a joke and was before he supported Obama. Global Warming is not being caused by us, we are actually going into an ice age. He uses fear and false info to scare the sheep to give him money.

He is also anti-gun :xmad:

Uhhhh....... YEAH!!! (+1000). :patriot:

AND Evan Bayh?!?!?!? :rolleyesedit:

SavageEagle..... I've got to ask. Is your support of the 2nd Amendment your only non-liberal leaning??? :dunno:

hunter480

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Coatesville, In.

[FONT=verdana, tahoma, helvetica]Dear Ryan,[/FONT]
    [FONT=verdana, tahoma, helvetica] A few hours from now I will step on stage in Detroit, Michigan to announce my support for Senator Barack Obama. From now through Election Day, I intend to do whatever I can to make sure he is elected President of the United States.[/FONT]
    [FONT=verdana, tahoma, helvetica]Over the next four years, we are going to face many difficult challenges -- including bringing our troops home from Iraq, fixing our economy, and solving the climate crisis. Barack Obama is clearly the candidate best able to solve these problems and bring change to America.[/FONT]
    [FONT=verdana, tahoma, helvetica]I've never asked members of AlGore.com to contribute to a political campaign before, but this moment and this election are too important to let pass without taking action.[/FONT]
    [FONT=verdana, tahoma, helvetica]That's why I am asking you to join me today in showing your support for Barack Obama by making a contribution to his campaign today:[/FONT]
    [FONT=verdana, tahoma, helvetica]Over the past 18 months, Barack Obama has united a movement. He knows change does not come from 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue or Capitol Hill. It begins when people stand up and take action.[/FONT]
    [FONT=verdana, tahoma, helvetica]With the help of millions of supporters like you, Barack Obama will bring the change we so desperately need in order to solve our country's most pressing problems.[/FONT]
    [FONT=verdana, tahoma, helvetica]If you've already contributed to Barack Obama's campaign, I ask that you consider making another contribution. If you haven't, please join the movement right now:[/FONT]
    [FONT=verdana, tahoma, helvetica]On the issues that matter most, Barack Obama is clearly the right choice to lead our nation.[/FONT]
    [FONT=verdana, tahoma, helvetica]We have a lot of work to do in the next few months to elect Barack Obama president and it begins by making a contribution to his campaign today.[/FONT]
    [FONT=verdana, tahoma, helvetica]Thank you,[/FONT]
    [FONT=verdana, tahoma, helvetica]Al Gore [/FONT]
    [FONT=verdana, tahoma, helvetica]LIVE TONIGHT -- 8:30 p.m. EDT: Watch streaming video of Al Gore and Barack Obama at a rally in Detroit, Michigan:[/FONT]
    [FONT=verdana, tahoma, helvetica]http://www.BarackObama.com[/FONT]

Global warming is a myth-what`s happening with the environment is nothing more than yet another cycle in the planet`s short history.

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    CO2 is called a greenhouse gas. Maybe we should call it what it really is.... PLANT FOOD!
    Don't the Enviroweenies want a Greener Earth? Hmm more healthy plants = more food for other species... can someone tell me whats wrong here?

Global warming is a myth-what`s happening with the environment is nothing more than yet another cycle in the planet`s short history.

The Al Gores of the world lure people who want to do good things into believing falsehoods. Global Warming is just another tool to remove more of your hard earned money from your wallet. Some people are scared to death and ready to give them anything if we can just stay 1 degree cooler. The world changes. History is not just what has happened in our short lifetimes.
    The one I like best is the Polar Bear. The polar bear has been around for 200,000 years (Fact check Polar Bears International - Bear Facts ) and has adapted to climate change many times over. We know the Vikings had settlements and farms that we are discovering now that the ice has melted and it seems humans have survived climate change as well.
    If we try to fight global warming are we giving up on global hunger? With global warming we have longer growing seasons and the ability to produce more food.
    If you see GLOBAL in front of anything Think SCAM. Like Obama's fight to end Global Poverty?
    Wow I feel much better now :)

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I don't know whether you would conisder me liberal or conservative. I'm not positive of the differences but I'm sure if you asked me my positions on things you could figure it out...

Bill of Rights - I see your point on his voting record. Although when it comes to writing my reps I usually type it out or long hand the letter. Which I usually get back a typed letter. So I won't write them out but just know he personally writes back to all those who right him. He listens to those who write him because those are the people who voice their opinions to him. He does what his people ask of him and he's probably one of the very few who do. There are times when he has voted his heart, but for the most part... He has stood up for our rights in the past from what I remember. Keep in mind I haven't wrote him in a couple years... But I do find him to be one of the more honest reps out there. I think maybe in his letter to you maybe he had a brain fart, or maybe he has listened to one too many anti's to word his phrases like he means them. I do that from time to time... lOl

Anyway, we need to gather a list up of all the State politicians who are Pro-Rights and those who are Anti-Rights. According to some kind of scale of course. And maybe even rate Federal officials too. This could be fun... Or my medication is wearing off... :D

jrogers

Why not pass the time with a game of solitaire?
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Central IN
    CO2 is called a greenhouse gas. Maybe we should call it what it really is.... PLANT FOOD!
    Don't the Enviroweenies want a Greener Earth? Hmm more healthy plants = more food for other species... can someone tell me whats wrong here?

I can, but it'd be considered a flame and probably get me booted off the site.

If you see GLOBAL in front of anything Think SCAM. Like Obama's fight to end Global Poverty?

You mean like the Global War on Terror?

jrogers

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Central IN
    Indulge me.

I'll do this the polite way. The problem is that you have an incredibly simplistic view of how the ecosystem functions. "More CO2 = More healthy plants = More food for other species" is sadly misinformed.

The most baffling part is that you (and others of like mindset) seem to be emotionally invested in raging against "Enviroweenies," Gore, Obama, et al., and as a result boards such as this tend to turn into echo chambers rather than venues for intellectually honest debate/discussion.

I notice that you ignored my comment on the Global War on Terror. Care to respond?

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    I'll do this the polite way. The problem is that you have an incredibly simplistic view of how the ecosystem functions. "More CO2 = More healthy plants = More food for other species" is sadly misinformed.

The most baffling part is that you (and others of like mindset) seem to be emotionally invested in raging against "Enviroweenies," Gore, Obama, et al., and as a result boards such as this tend to turn into echo chambers rather than venues for intellectually honest debate/discussion.

I notice that you ignored my comment on the Global War on Terror. Care to respond?

Ok first... yeah it is simplistic because this is a gun forum and I wasn't going to write a detailed analysis. It's funny though that while earth warmed so did the other planets in our solar system. We must be putting out lots of CO2 huh? Actually CO2 is a minor greenhouse gas but it is one we can tax people on. Methane is 23 times more potent than CO2 as a greenhouse gas. Methane comes from all kinds of places we can't tax like the vents at the bottom of the ocean. Not to mention all wildlife including the polar bear.

Second I don't like the Term Global War on Terror. Adding global to it doesn't make it any more or less important. It is a word designed to play to our emotion and make us feel we need to be concerned about it. Its something much larger than ourselves blah blah blah.

jrogers

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Central IN
    Ok first... yeah it is simplistic because this is a gun forum and I wasn't going to write a detailed analysis. It's funny though that while earth warmed so did the other planets in our solar system. We must be putting out lots of CO2 huh? Actually CO2 is a minor greenhouse gas but it is one we can tax people on. Methane is 23 times more potent than CO2 as a greenhouse gas. Methane comes from all kinds of places we can't tax like the vents at the bottom of the ocean. Not to mention all wildlife including the polar bear.

You make some accurate points, but none of them refute human impact on global warming. The bolded section is, I think, the most important point.

Second I don't like the Term Global War on Terror. Adding global to it doesn't make it any more or less important. It is a word designed to play to our emotion and make us feel we need to be concerned about it. Its something much larger than ourselves blah blah blah.

I agree. The GWOT is ridiculous. I'm pleased to see that you're consistent.

Last edited:

Ri22o

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2008
    Speedway

You make some accurate points, but none of them refute human impact on global warming. The bolded section is, I think, the most important point.

Funny how you tell other people to leave their issues and discussions else where, and that you just want to talk about guns on this gun forum. I'm guessing you also don't want to make money, you just want to sell guns? :rolleyesedit:

This is a gun forum. Take your pet issue back to freerepublic where it belongs.

I'm just here to talk about guns.

jrogers

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Central IN
    Funny how you tell other people to leave their issues and discussions else where, and that you just want to talk about guns on this gun forum. I'm guessing you also don't want to make money, you just want to sell guns? :rolleyesedit:

HAHA, I can't stand Don's Guns, but those commercials invariably make me grin. I can't explain it.

But I concede the point. I'm here to talk about guns and call out people who champion ignorance. Is that better? :dunno:

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    You make some accurate points, but none of them refute human impact on global warming.

But you see the term "Global Warming" has been replaced with "Climate Change".

What I can acknowledge is that mother earth has had climate change since her inception. Earth has experienced all kinds of violent climate change. Meteorites have impacted the earth, volcanoes have spewed gases and ash into her atmosphere, continents have separated and somehow with out man here to be taxed for carbon emission she cleaned herself up and continued to support life. Life has found a way to survive here for billions of years. Life its self has changed and those species that were unable or unwilling to adapt became extinct. It is very arrogant of man to think we are so significant that we can have such a huge impact to make the earth so she can no longer support life.
    Now if you want to talk about pollution without trying to lay a GLOBAL warming guilt trip to it then we can have a discussion. As a Country we are one of the cleanest industrialized or not. This has impacts as well because being clean costs money and companies simply move to where cost are low.

Top Bottom