• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Took my AK out for a few turns around the range the other day. After 60 flawless rounds, on shot 61 the trigger locked backed and required me pushing it forward so it would fire again. It did it on every shot after that so I pulled the cover off and looked at it and it seems the trigger is locking back like I'm assuming it's supposed to do after the final round in a magazine? There is plenty of spring tension but the trigger is actually latching in the full back position. Any thoughts on why it's doing this? Is it supposed to do this after the last round? Thanks!

leftsock

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 16, 2009
    Greenwood
    Did you recently disassemble/reassemble the FCG and maybe you put the retaining spring in wrong? (I've done this before.) If so, the pins holding the trigger and such might slide out just a little bit from their holes in the receiver and cause some unexpected behavior.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    That's the odd thing, I haven't had it apart in a while. Haven't shot it in a while either. I did notice that one of the springs on the trigger had an odd bend to it in comparison to the other one and the photos in the linked thread so I tweaked it a little. Damn! Now I'm going to have to go out and shoot it again!:rockwoot:

guitarslinger21

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2014
    southwest
    My O-PAP's Tapco G2 did this when I got it new. I found a video on youtube that explained the problem. You need to bend the retainer spring so that it doesn't bend inwards and catch.

[video=youtube;-pc-ALO_7xI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pc-ALO_7xI[/video]

EDIT: Looks like you might have gotten it fixed, but I'll leave this up anyways.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    This is a pretty common issue, but easy to fix. Rack the action back and dry fire a dozen or so times after you think you have the springs corrected and if it doesn't move, you should be fine.

Top Bottom