• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • columbusprepper

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    I'm wanting to get an AK47 but not sure what the difference is between all the models outthere. Some say that the WASR aren't that good. Whats a good reliable manf. that produces ak47s? :n00b:

Thank you:ingo:

leftsock

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 16, 2009
    Greenwood
    Arsenal, Waffen Werks, Krebs.

If you want to get a WASR (or any AK), give it a look over, check the sight alignment, gas block, mag wobble, the fit of the pieces, yadda yadda. If it looks decent, it ought to be just fine.

leftsock

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 16, 2009
    Greenwood
    So, I guess what I'm trying to say is to not be afraid of a "low end" AK. It will still successfully go bang every time you pull the trigger.

TheWabbit

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    In my lair
    Arsenal, Waffen Werks, Krebs.

If you want to get a WASR (or any AK), give it a look over, check the sight alignment, gas block, mag wobble, the fit of the pieces, yadda yadda. If it looks decent, it ought to be just fine.

Waffen Werks builds the AK-74 and used to build the AK-54. No AK-47 yet. Their stuff is well reviewed.

Go on YouTube and watch every video you can about inspecting AK-47s. Any AK will work but in this market, you are going to pay for it. I would look in the Marketplace and try to grab someone's used rifle.

jonkertb

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 26, 2009
    Putnam County
    I'd love to build

one but afraid I'd be in the same place I am w/my ar....got the lower stuff all together but can't find an upper?

If you can steer me to a clomplete parts kit reasonable I'd be glad to build one....may need a little hand holding LOL

tom

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    one but afraid I'd be in the same place I am w/my ar....got the lower stuff all together but can't find an upper?

If you can steer me to a clomplete parts kit reasonable I'd be glad to build one....may need a little hand holding LOL

tom

I am gearing up to build one. I bought the bending die from AK Builder with both the 1 mm and 1.5 mm punches. It worked really well and I could likely be persuaded to share. The video makes it look like it shouldn't be too difficult, but I am going to have to build up the tool kit a little before starting the process.

Here are some of the current offerings:

Romanian AK-47 Parts Kit, Unissued | Parts Kits | M + M, Inc.

Parts Kits :: Kits With Barrels Installed - AK-Builder.com

And the flats:

Receiver Flats - AK-Builder.com

jonkertb

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 26, 2009
    Putnam County
    enjoyed browsing these sites but all of them show out of stock notices.
    am I reading right, if you get a reciever in the flat, build it up w/a kit if one can be found one would have a non serial numbered rifle??

jonkertb

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 26, 2009
    Putnam County
    mods....we better delete this information before the bad guys figure it out in Washington.....

now who has any of this stuff in stock w/o scare pricing?
    or my ar upper?
    :cool:

Top Bottom