• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shoots4Fun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    74   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    On my Yugo U/F, one of the pins on the front sights has come loose.

Please tell me how to fix it or where to get it fixed. The U/F is nearly pristine, so I want to do it without messing up the finish. The other pin is for the flip up sight, not really sure what this one is for. School me, folks...

Pin-LeftSide.jpg

Pin-RightSide.jpg

Pin-RightSideclose-up.jpg

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    It'll be hard to do without messing up the finish as it. It's an AK though so i wouldn't worry too much. Just knock it back into place with a punch and hammer. If it's loose you may need a to remove it and use another, or tap it with a hammer to change it's shape so it fits tighter. Again, it's an AK. I'd like to see the whole thing.

03A3

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Shaker Prairie
    You can drive that pin back in and restake the right side end with a center punch.
    Lay the gun on its left side with a small block of wood between the left hand end of the pin and the work bench.
    It would be a big help if you have someone hold the gun in position while you work.
    A little cold blue will remedy any loss of finish, which shouldn't be much at all.

duffman0286

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Wayne Co
    you also can always install a oversized pin i tend to use broke drill bits and with a little cold blue you should never be able to tell the difference

Top Bottom