• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Any European mags, as well as the Chinese. In fact some people like the Chinese mags because they don't have a spine, which in this case is a good thing, making mag changes a bit easier.

762Mike

Marksman
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Jan 10, 2011
    I have steel AK47 magazines from numerous countries. They are all good. The Circle 10 (plastic) Bulgarian waffles are good too (as someone mentioned above).

I like Chinese mags because they are light weight and have smooth backs, plus an attractive blued finish. The downside to them is that the finish is somewhat fragile and you should keep a light coat of grease on them to preserve and prevent rust. I like the Bulgarian circle 10 waffles because they are strong and fit snug and you never have worry about them rusting. If I lived in a wet climate (like a jungle or Florida) I would choose them for the no maintenance perk. They're all basically good.

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    my bulgy circle tens and my us palms have never failed me. Hey juggernaut, thanks for the awesome shirts by the way! I recommend them both.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Any European mags, as well as the Chinese. In fact some people like the Chinese mags because they don't have a spine, which in this case is a good thing, making mag changes a bit easier.
    I loves me some Chinese mags! I have a bunch of them, both welded and stamped versions.

From my experience just about all of the Euro and commie mags run fine. There is one mag that my Vectors won't run on though. I can't figure out why, but for some reason they just won't run on my Yugo BHO mags. I got about 50% FTF with my Yugo mags. I don't know if I've ever tried my yugo mags in any other AK's. It gets expensive testing 75 mags out in 10+ AK's to check function in all of them.

Last edited:

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I'm currently switching over to polymer mags. A local shop carries Thermold polymer 30 round mags. I have ran 70 rounds through one and 150 through another. I have had 0 issues with either one of them. I like them because they are slimmer in profile and of course lighter in weight. Also, when you load rounds into the mags, there is no slop. That's one thing I hate about the steel mags.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    My Poly Tech and other Chinese steel mags and drums have never let me down. The 100 rounders don't work as well as the 75s IMO. ;)

JohnnyTre

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    Jasper County
    I saw Blackwater guys using Tapco mags overseas. I bought a couple and they feel solid and they are a tighter fit in the mag well eliminating most mag wobble. As something I'd trust my life too I'm not so sure, just because tapco doesn't equal the best quality in my book. I'd have to run them through some more hard use before I made a decision.

duffman0286

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Wayne Co
    I loves me some Chinese mags! I have a bunch of them, both welded and stamped versions.

From my experience just about all of the Euro and commie mags run fine. There is one mag that my Vectors won't run on though. I can't figure out why, but for some reason they just won't run on my Yugo BHO mags. I got about 50% FTF with my Yugo mags. I don't know if I've ever tried my yugo mags in any other AK's. It gets expensive testing 75 mags out in 10+ AK's to check function in all of them.
    just bought 4 yugo mags with bolt hold open seems the wasr's not care for them much. fitment is a problem only one of the four i bought seem to fit it. (however wasr are cheap guns and have problems its probly the rifle and not the mag) So beware of using yugo mags in a WASR 10 but every other steel mag seem to work just fine.

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Downtown Fort Wayne
    I've always used steel mags. I don't like the look or feel of plastic and polymer mags on a wood and steel AK, just doesn't seem right to me. Polymer mags for polymer guns and steel mags for steel guns, maybe its just me.

Top Bottom