• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mosinguy

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    North Dakota soon...
    Hey all, just picked up a nice WASR (oh man, what a beauty, pics to follow soon :D ), but I can only count the pistol grip, the receiver, and the gas piston as compliance parts. I have a slanted muzzle brake on the way, so that would make four parts. Should there be more parts than this? The trigger IS NOT a Tapco G2, so no trigger parts are in the gun (that I know of). What other parts could be compliance parts? I really don't want to be caught out at the range by an ATF agent with my "machine gun parts" WASR :rolleyes: :cool:

Martin Draco

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    Look at the trigger, disconnector, and hammer, it might have a "C" somewhere on it. It is probably a Century fire control group. Are you sure the receiver is US made? If it has the mag well dimple on the side it probably is. If not it's probably Romanian. Generally to get 922 parts count, Century installs; the piston, disconnector, hammer, trigger, grip, and flash hider/muzzle brake if the barrel is threaded.

Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    I use this to check compliance: Gunwiki: 922(r) Worksheet for AK-47 Builds

And I will find the youtube video I used to get my FCG out. You should be sure to get a retaining plate though if you take it out, it will make it easier to put back in.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cpfn4IB9lzM[/ame]

On my AK I have grip, Hammer, disconnector, muzzle device, buttstock, and hopefully handguards soon, but I have a US trigger in for now for compliance.

Last edited:

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    The earlier WASRs had Century made fire control group parts. Sometimes they did have the "C" on them, sometimes they didn't.

And the last time ATF checked for compliance parts at a range was...uh...never. I can verify that they check for that one round per trigger pull thing! :D

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    Seriously, why would an ATF agent be at the range counting how many US parts are in your factory assembled rifle? I'd understand your concern if it had the 3rd pin in the receiver. CAI has produced a gazillion WASR's. If their was a compliance problem, it would be well known. Relax, and enjoy your rifle.

Mosinguy

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    North Dakota soon...
    Here are some crappy cell phone pictures. However, the handguards really are that dark :wwub:

adfabd87.jpg

b0736151.jpg

1966 Cugir marked front trunnion:
    287d95f8.jpg

Had to use a Maglight for the pic, my phone pics are always dark :D
    42cecc48.jpg

Scott357

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    American made magazines count as 3 compliance parts....but if this is the way you want to go, you can't use foreign mags.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    a WASR in as sold condition (ie from a store) is legal.

typically the grip, FCG, piston, and muzzle device are all us made, and thats 6 parts.

You can use any mags in them, in fact they come with 2 romy mags.

Top Bottom