• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • leftsock

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 16, 2009
    Greenwood
    When you pull the trigger, does it go bang? If so, then you got a good deal! Whether or not you like the folding stock is your personal preference.

indyk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Cumberland
    yes and maaaaaybe no,

Who is the maker? is it FEG?

If century, when you shoot it, look for keyholes, "when your holes of your target aren't normal....:rolleyes:

Check for wobble anywhere around receiver, etc
    do to rivets that aren't 110% fitted/smashed.

common century mistakes,

Look for severe canting, does your back sights line up with the front? Is everything square and even?
    Century is known to repair these if you find one.
    They use Green Mountain Barrels and nodak spud receivers which i think is a plus, but would far desire an FEG made AMD

:rockwoot::ar15:

Here is some past post on your new rifle!!!

AMD 65 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...sion/191280-amd_65_muzzle_brake_thoughts.html

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/long_guns/201389-amd_65_a.html

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/long_guns/160023-ak_47_amd_65_rifle_7_62x39.html

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/long_guns/129321-hungarian_amd_65_ak47.html

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/long_guns/107409-hungarian_ak.html

Here is a pic of my old amd, if you use the sling as such it can provide a stable cheek weld.
    picture.php

Being that its made for targets near 100 yds it might be cool to install a nice supported rail for a red dot, etc.

Last edited:

indyk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Cumberland
    winner+.jpg

Yes you did reaaaal good i think they were fetching 500 when I was lookin,
    now im sure, for an FEG Hungarian made AMD id say 575 600, THATS an
    unneutered FEG.

pics please or it didnt happen***lol

look at this one here
    Afgan Boarder Police
    800px-Afghan_border_police_aiming_a_weapon.jpg

theundeadelvis

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 3, 2012
    Maybe one of the best Ak variant deals still out there. The Hungarian FEG receiver is really nice quality. Keep an eye on the muzzle break, as some have reported them to come loose, which is not good since it's an under 16" barrel. Also, do yourself a favor and head to AMD65Tech and get their cheek riser.

theundeadelvis

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 3, 2012
    Also, it's an AK, and AK stuff will work with it, but it does have a different gas tube, which you have to replace if you want to use standard fore grips.

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    Maybe one of the best Ak variant deals still out there. The Hungarian FEG receiver is really nice quality. Keep an eye on the muzzle break, as some have reported them to come loose, which is not good since it's an under 16" barrel. Also, do yourself a favor and head to AMD65Tech and get their cheek riser.
    I'll try not banging it into any walls:D

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I'll just put my FEG AMD 65 in the safe as a collector's item

Funny how what should be a common everyday AKM variant has become a collector's piece due to federal stupidity!

I like my first AMD-65 so much I got a second. It is one of my favorite AKM shooters and because of it's light weight compared to other AKMs, having a 100 round drum (can you hear obama cringe?) brings it up to the normal weight of an AKM with a standard mag!

As for shooting issues, I learned how to shoot a rifle a long time ago without welding my cheek to the stock, which sounds painful, so the AMD-65 is not a problem.

Having a Hungarian FEG receiver is a plus. Both of mine are USA made receivers. Still function perfectly, just don't have that aura of a true import.

Whether you shoot it or store it for future enjoyment is up to you. I personally am a collector, so I have a few firearms which will never be shot, but I do have some that I bought a used one so I didn't mind taking it out. Regardless, enjoy your really nice rifle that you got at a great price!!!

Top Bottom