• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Greg.B

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Evansville
    I've only seen a few general questions around about airguns, and that got my curiosity going :) I've got a couple, but really only one that I'd consider to be my main one. It's the Crosman 1377 American Classic (Phase 3). I've done some modding to it, and went from the stock version with the plastic breach, barrel band, grips and pumper to a steel Crosman breech, an aluminum barrel band by Blue Fork Designs, and wood grips and pumper by RB Grips (before and after pics below). Topped it off with a Tasco red dot, and it's now even more accurate than it was from the factory, plus I can shoot it indoors pretty much any time I want (using appropriate pellet trap and backstop). There are still a couple of things on my to-do list for this one (mainly with the internals) but it's one sweet shooting pellet gun. I should be a little over the stock 600 FPS after I finish up.

And yes, before any of you say/ask....I took a $60 pellet gun and sank another $150 - $200 into modding it. Why not? As they say, it's only money and you can't take it with you. And, I couldn't find an older steel and wood version, and I really like the history of the 1377. Now I have a great steel and wood pellet gun that (with some minor maintenance) will outlive me and my sons! Maybe my grandkids will be shooting it someday! And....I LOVE the yellow/brown laminate grips :D

So, here we are. Is any one else into airguns? I'd love to see what others have done/are doing with theirs!

Before, stock pick from Crosman:
    1377c-2.jpg

After, current version of my 1377:
    1377C_Breech.jpg

1377C_Left.jpg

1377C_Right.jpg

Last edited:

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    I have that one as my hunting small rodent gun. Also a Beeman rifle single cock. Indoor shooting isn't that important to me as I have my own range and can shoot any day or weather, but I do like the cheap rodent hunting, and it's nice to have something to shoot rodents in the attic or the like. It's also my TEOTWAWKI investment as I got a thousand pellets for ten bucks.

2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI
    I have been into pellet guns for a number of years....I have many, but my favorites are my RWS MDL 48 in .25 cal and my Benjamin Discovery Rifle in .22 cal. I don't both with .177 anymore.
    The .25 cal. RWS was discontinues a number of years ago...but I got one just in time.

edsinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    NE Indiana
    Beeman Dual Caliber 1073 Sportsman RS2 Series

1073-Rifle-Dual-Cal.jpg

Dual Caliber .177 / .22 Break Barrel Air-Rifle
    astrbul1e.gif
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Interchangeable barrels
    [/FONT]
    astrbul1e.gif
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Includes 4x32 scope & mounts
    [/FONT]
    astrbul1e.gif
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica]European Hardwood Stock
    [/FONT]
    astrbul1e.gif
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Fiber Optic front & rear sights
    [/FONT]
    astrbul1e.gif
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica]"RS-2" 2-stage adjustable trigger
    [/FONT]
    astrbul1e.gif
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Velocity – 1,000 fps in .177 cal and 830fps in .22 cal
    [/FONT]

Waiting for a warm up so I can shoot it. :)

copper

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jun 20, 2009
    Shelby County
    I only have a couple but would like to add more to the collection. One is a Gamo 220 with a CharlieDaTuna trigger. I have had trouble finding a scope mount that is tall enough for proper adjusting. The other one that i have is an old Crossman that I got used over 40 years ago and it still shoots great. It's very good for chasing away strays with just a couple of pumps.

picture.php

Greg.B

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Evansville
    I've been thinking of adding a .22 cal air rifle, that might be one of my next projects :) And shibumiseeker, you hit the nail on the head; lots and lots of ammo for practically pocket change!!!

Keep the pics coming!

remymartin

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I bought a used Daisy powerline 1000 .177 planning to use it for squirrel control. It has a cheapie red dot, and is very accurate. The drawback is that it is LOUD. CCI CB's from a .22 bolt are quieter. Strangely the .22 rifle is also shorter and lighter. Seeing that 1377 brings back memories... I was shot in the back of the head with one playing BB gun war waaaaaay back in the day. Needless to say I was not happy.

edsinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    NE Indiana
    I was shot in the back of the head with one playing BB gun war waaaaaay back in the day. Needless to say I was not happy.

I wonder how many of us will admit we did this?

Just not a head shot, at least I never did. I did shoot one in the arse after he violated the 3 pump rule. Boy, if I caught my son doing this I would have to whoop some.....I was a good kid, really I was.

Mrmonte

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 1, 2009
    Indy South Side
    Little story. I was probably 10-12 years old out shooting stuff in the back yard with my Daisy pump BB gun. My old man happened to be watching me out the kitchen window. You know, making sure his young son wasnt doing anything stupid with his BB gun. :D Just so happens, I was! I picked off a dove from a tree and my dad was out there before it hit the ground, with his Buck 110 in hand. He gave me the knife and made me clean that dove, then fried it up and made me eat it(I was really against the idea at that age) Thats the story of how I learned to never kill anything that I dont intend to eat. My dad was always a good hands on kind of teacher.

Greg.B

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Evansville
    <SNIP>
    Boy, if I caught my son doing this I would have to whoop some.....I was a good kid, really I was.

I admit it...we had bb gun wars. A couple of close calls to the face; I'm amazed none of us were seriously injured.

My son's always wonder how I just seem to know when they're up to something, and usually what it is they're up to. I always tell them "Been there...done that!"

22rssix

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   2
    Mar 27, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Little story. I was probably 10-12 years old out shooting stuff in the back yard with my Daisy pump BB gun. My old man happened to be watching me out the kitchen window. You know, making sure his young son wasnt doing anything stupid with his BB gun. :D Just so happens, I was! I picked off a dove from a tree and my dad was out there before it hit the ground, with his Buck 110 in hand. He gave me the knife and made me clean that dove, then fried it up and made me eat it(I was really against the idea at that age) Thats the story of how I learned to never kill anything that I dont intend to eat. My dad was always a good hands on kind of teacher.

My grandpa made us eat a few doves as a lesson. However i think he just like to eat them...

2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI

Just not a head shot, at least I never did. I did shoot one in the arse after he violated the 3 pump rule. Boy, if I caught my son doing this I would have to whoop some.....I was a good kid, really I was.
    When I was growing up...my family had 97 acres in Mich. We would go out in the rowboats and get a good distance apart and see who could lob a bb in the other guys boat. Kinda like a mortar.
    We did have bb gun wars in the woods but that proved to be too painful.:dunno:

DaleB

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2010
    Bedford, IN
    FWB 124. I went to shoot it a few weeks ago and the pellet just sat there. It sounds like it's firing, but NOT! Guess repair is in order. That gun is a tack driver. Good thing I didn't have it when I shot at a neighbor boy for taunting me...that ole' Crossman Powermaster 760 just didn't have much accuracy at 75 yards! I wasn't as innocent as I looked...Gosh, I can't believe I'm admitting this!!!!! Looks like we have a "double thread" going here!

Mikeh82

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    BB gun wars were a blast when we first started doing it.. I couldnt begin to tell you how many bbs I was pegged with.. Its hard being the fat slow kid LoL. We used to skip school sometimes and go off in the woods to have our wars.. It was all good and fun until someone got their eye put out (literally).

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    Gamo Shadow 1000 .177 with 4x40 Scope. Shoots great at 30 Feet. Do most of my shooting in the Basement. Looking for a Field Target Club in Indianapolis, no luck.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I have been involved in international air gun competition for quite a while. I'm not very good, but I really like doing it. The juniors usually are pretty serious and some are looking forward to competing in college. One of the juniors who shoots matches with us will be attending the U.S. Military Academy at West Point and hopes to compete on their team. Air gun shooting is very challenging. I help my father run matches at our club each season. My toys are below. The rifle is a Feinwerkbau model 601, a single-stroke pneumatic, and the pistol is a Morini model 162EI short, a pre-compressed air job. I fill the removeable cylinders from a scuba tank.
    fwb601Morini.jpg

Last edited:
    Top Bottom