• JJP8153

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 23, 2012
    Marion, IN
    Aimpoint Vs. Eotech

Who prefers which and why?

Myself, I carry Aimpoint. Battery life can't be touched, and they seem to be more durable to the conditions than Eotech given the closed "red dot" style. And they're good enough for the US Army, so that's good enough for me!

Mosinowner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    beating_a_dead_horse_by_potatoehuman-d3fead4.jpg

Jeremy1066

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    Aimpoint Vs. Eotech

Who prefers which and why?

Myself, I carry Aimpoint. Battery life can't be touched, and they seem to be more durable to the conditions than Eotech given the closed "red dot" style. And they're good enough for the US Army, so that's good enough for me!

Give him a break fellas. He's new and probably hasn't figured out the thread search yet. At least he's tryin to have an intelligent conversation instead of a bunch of one-liners :yesway:
    Anyway, I use EOTech EXPS. The "circle dot" gets me on target faster.

InfraRed

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2011

They are completely 2 different technologies. A red dot requires a lot lessbattery power and will run longer, but due to the nature of the technology thedot size will never get any lower than 2 MOA (most display at 3-4 MOA). Theseproblems are reduced in the high end red dots (like Aimpoint) but they arethere. In an EOTech the parallax issue is gone, due to being a hologram. Thedot is also much smaller (1MOA) but the down side is that it will eat upbatteries much faster than a Red Dot.

The question is not which one is better, the question is which one meetsyour requirements of use. I personally prefer the EoTech, battery life is not amajor factor for my use and I like that the optic can be magnified withoutincreasing the apparent size of the aiming dot for longer distances.

Jeremy1066

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    That's my answer too. :D

Go figure.... :D

There are, however, a couple things in Evan's outstanding review that need updating: the weight of the EOTech as it sits on the scale, and the position of the buttons. He was using an XPS model in that review, but there is another variant, the EXPS (that I use) which already incorporates an elevated base with a quick detach lever, therefor eliminating the need for the LaRue riser (saves a few ounces). Also on the EXPS model, the control buttons are on the side instead of the rear, making magnifiers and BUIS better playmates with the EOTech. I cannot, however, argue battery life here. If that is a consideration, the Aimpoint wins every time.

Gunaholic

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Ive never owned an Aimpoint but i currently have an Eotech on a rifle and dont have one bad thing to say about it.

zoglog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    Hendricks Co
    I have both. If you are ever in Indy you can try them both out. One is on a 5.56 AR the other is on a 5.7 AR.

I like them both. They both are accurate and dependable.

Hellion_1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    Putnam County
    I prefer the Aimpoint myself. Best battery life. Also, I have glasses. When I look through an EOTECH WITHOUT my glasses, the holographic image becomes one big 65MOA mess. I prefer a red dot that I can still use if something happens to my glasses. Minor to most, but a big deal to me. Maybe just me... :dunno:

corronade

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 31, 2013
    kokomo
    I have not had any experience with aim point but for the eotech xps2 it is an awesome sight.
    Easy to find a target i use it with both eyes open for urban drills and one eye for good precision groups with my 3x zoom.
    I also had an accident where the gun fell on the sight in gravel. And it stayed zero with the metal hood protecting the glass. There are some character scratches now but it still looks great and still on zero.
    I would recommend the sight to anyone thinking to buy and who has the money you will not be disappointed

Top Bottom