• ...and so much more!
  • singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    Got a letter my information may have been accessed. The server they stored the image of the D/Ls was breached. I'm not too concerned because I blanked out my License Number before I uploaded the image. I've been part of so many breaches I can't keep up with all the free credit monitoring I signed up for.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I got my letter today as well. Signed up for the free year of credit monitoring. Didn't see anything funky. This is my first time for something like this. I didn't know you were supposed to blank anything out on your d/l...

canterbc

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 13, 2012
    Noblesville
    Unfortunately as more and more of our information is stored online, this will become more and more common. Just a part of life now I guess.

Nate715c

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    Speedway
    Got one too. I recall reading a suggestions to blank out dl # before sending a picture, but cant remember if I did. Have received a few of these notices in past couple years for various reasons, but havent signed up for credit monitoring. Think ill take advantage of this one.

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    I got a letter today too.

Compared to notifications I've gotten from the National Guard Bureau, OPM and Purdue...this one is barely a blip on the radar.

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    Seems that aim made a single, generic post in their industry forum at arf. They have answered zero questions and it appears they have deleted comments from their fb page. I haven't received a letter, but I'd like to know if I am still at risk....but there are only crickets.

i wonder how much they will suffer if all these guys on arf (myself included) stop buying from them.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    One year free. Great. :rolleyes: Unfortunately, it may take more than a year for your info to be bought and then used. This is about like an ex leaving your house and saying "I'm gonna kill you!" on the way out, and the cops saying "We'll post an officer outside your house for the rest of the night." Great. He probably wont be back tonight, but will probably take a couple days to return.

ID theft has two or more layers. Layer 1 was just executed: theft by a skilled hacker. There are more layers: Sale of the info, then use of the info by a downstream badguy. Odds are it may take more than a year to get to that third step so one solitary year may not do much good except make the ignorant person feel better.

Good luck everyone.

hoosierdaddy1976

I Can't Believe it's not Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county
    That sucks to deal with, best of luck to you guys. Oh, and note to self, cash only transactions with cameramonkey from now on; he seems awfully knowledgeable about the process.

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    I haven't gotten a letter, but does anyone know if a credit freeze will do the trick? I've already locked my credit after a dealership hard hit my credit over and over before I ever even looked at a car.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I haven't gotten a letter, but does anyone know if a credit freeze will do the trick? I've already locked my credit after a dealership hard hit my credit over and over before I ever even looked at a car.

My understanding that a credit freeze is the best thing you can do. No one can open an account but you, calling in to temporarily lift the freeze.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Got a letter my information may have been accessed. The server they stored the image of the D/Ls was breached. I'm not too concerned because I blanked out my License Number before I uploaded the image. I've been part of so many breaches I can't keep up with all the free credit monitoring I signed up for.

Why do people refuse to send their drivers license copy or block out the number when sending them to an FFL? They need that info for their books.

If if I get someone who refuses to give me that info with a gun guess what? Your **** is coming back cod.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Why do people refuse to send their drivers license copy or block out the number when sending them to an FFL? They need that info for their books.

If if I get someone who refuses to give me that info with a gun guess what? Your **** is coming back cod.
    They collected D/L copies as proof of age on ammo sales.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom