• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    A fella I know has a sweet Springfield 1911 he's wanting to sell, and my wife told me absolutely no more gun purchases until I finished drywalling the bathroom and had it ready for her to paint, I worked all weekend on it, and took a vacation day today, and as of about 20 minutes ago, it is now completed:rockwoot::rockwoot:. I'll be going to get that 1911 wed. or thurs.:D

The bad thing is, there are about 50 other projects she's gonna hold over my head before I can weasle my way into future purchases.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2010
    Hellinois
    Yeah, seems like a decent trade off.

A lot of guys have it a lot worse than you lol.

Plus, home improvements is a manly hobby. At least you dont have to go to plays, the opera and ballet n crap lol.

Pound a few nails, saw a little wood, wrench a few bolts and ..boom.. new gun.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Yeah, seems like a decent trade off.

A lot of guys have it a lot worse than you lol.

Plus, home improvements is a manly hobby. At least you dont have to go to plays, the opera and ballet n crap lol.

Pound a few nails, saw a little wood, wrench a few bolts and ..boom.. new gun.
    We actually do go to a local dinner theater, but they have a buffet, and buckets of beer.:yesway:

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    :D I currently have a home bathroom renovation idea that I plan to use as a "bargaining chip" in the future. I live in a "spec home" that IMHO was spec'd pretty stupidly/wasteful of space.

The master bath has a large tub, and a large vanity and commode, then a tiny little shower. But the stupid thing about it is that the bathroom itself is about 9' X 30' (yeah, it's HUGE). To the right of the door is a space about 7' X 9' where there is the tiny little shower, and then a "closet" to take up space between the shower and the wall. This "closet" is about a foot wide and 3' deep, and the door is about 8" wide. You can't even reach the back of the shelves in the closet without torquing your body sideways and squeezing as far as you possibly can into the door. This is also where the access panel for the plumbing is, but you can't even fit in there to work on the plumbing which is completely stupid.

My plan is to tear out this stupid closet and the shower, and make a large, "couples" shower with 2 shower-heads etc. I think it will make much better use of the space, and give the master bed/bath that romantic touch. It may not be a worth-while investment as far as cost vs. increase in property value, but for "us" it will be worthwhile as far as cost + use vs. increased property value.

But don't tell her that, I want to surprise her sometime, or use it as my bargaining chip for something nice and expensive. :rockwoot:

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    :D I currently have a home bathroom renovation idea that I plan to use as a "bargaining chip" in the future. I live in a "spec home" that IMHO was spec'd pretty stupidly/wasteful of space.

The master bath has a large tub, and a large vanity and commode, then a tiny little shower. But the stupid thing about it is that the bathroom itself is about 9' X 30' (yeah, it's HUGE). To the right of the door is a space about 7' X 9' where there is the tiny little shower, and then a "closet" to take up space between the shower and the wall. This "closet" is about a foot wide and 3' deep, and the door is about 8" wide. You can't even reach the back of the shelves in the closet without torquing your body sideways and squeezing as far as you possibly can into the door. This is also where the access panel for the plumbing is, but you can't even fit in there to work on the plumbing which is completely stupid.

My plan is to tear out this stupid closet and the shower, and make a large, "couples" shower with 2 shower-heads etc. I think it will make much better use of the space, and give the master bed/bath that romantic touch. It may not be a worth-while investment as far as cost vs. increase in property value, but for "us" it will be worthwhile as far as cost + use vs. increased property value.

But don't tell her that, I want to surprise her sometime, or use it as my bargaining chip for something nice and expensive. :rockwoot:
    I built a huge shower years ago when I was married to my ex, it was 96"x96" and one side wall was glass block from floor to ceiling. It was a PITA, and it was expensive, but man that thing was cool. I've been wanting to work in some glass block in my house now, but I'd pretty much have to build on. Good luck with your project.

Angie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    Owen county
    A fella I know has a sweet Springfield 1911 he's wanting to sell, and my wife told me absolutely no more gun purchases until I finished drywalling the bathroom and had it ready for her to paint, I worked all weekend on it, and took a vacation day today, and as of about 20 minutes ago, it is now completed:rockwoot::rockwoot:. I'll be going to get that 1911 wed. or thurs.:D

The bad thing is, there are about 50 other projects she's gonna hold over my head before I can weasle my way into future purchases.

Funny stuff

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom