• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    We ran up to Elwood Conservation Club for a couple of hours this afternoon. Right off the bat, my son did this, on his second trip to a range in his life:

picture.php

Now, granted it was only at 25-30 feet, but we were both very pleased as you can imagine! :D

He trailed off a little after this, but still did a great job keeping it on the paper and in the points. We later switched to plastic bottles and empty ammo boxes to finish off the day. He blasted one bottle at its base that sent it at least four feet in the air, which thrilled him. (he's 7...)

I had a decent day, too, which made me happy after my wind swept disaster there on Friday. Spent an hour there and my target must have blown over at least eight times. That pissed me off. :xmad:

Went back to my PVC-footed target that was stable as Stonewall Jackson at Manassas.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    Very nice! I don't get to take the kids to range nearly as much as I would like. What gun was he using?

Crickett 22 LR. His first shot was the low flyer with cheap Remington bulk. I switched him to Agulia SuperExtra and 9 of the next 10 were right where they needed to be.

It was a little windy, so I cut him slack on the 10 o'clock shot. :):

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    One of my boys has a cricket, but they always pester me to let them shoot my AKs or one of my mosin nagants. My youngest boy gets it though, the last time we bought ammo he said "I can buy 3 times the amount of .22s compared to shells for my .410"! :yesway:

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    I enjoy the Elwood CC when we shoot there!

Tell your son awesome job!

Glad you guys are getting some good quality time together!

Top Bottom