Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2011
    Okemos, MI
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Jeffersonville
    It is easy to blame legislation, but booms in the fracking industry have had a major impact on the coal industry.

I am sure regulations are a contributing factor - but capitalism has played it's part in the downfall of the coal industry. Natural gas companies can provide an energy product, while keeping up with EPA regulations, for cheaper - with significant profit margins.

Coal is still not dead, just on the decline.

Who is to blame for the downfall of VHS?

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    This is only the beginning of the pain.

14dggvn.jpg

"God forgive them, for they have no idea what they have done...."

PAMom

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    It is easy to blame legislation, but booms in the fracking industry have had a major impact on the coal industry.

I am sure regulations are a contributing factor - but capitalism has played it's part in the downfall of the coal industry. Natural gas companies can provide an energy product, while keeping up with EPA regulations, for cheaper - with significant profit margins.

Coal is still not dead, just on the decline.

Who is to blame for the downfall of VHS?

I am curious as to where all this will go. Last year here in Northern PA natural gas was booming. They are now all but gone. I realize a good part of this is the low price of natural gas right now, but the gas companies are leaving the area, literally.

x10

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    Ok this will be hard to communicate through a forum but My opinion is now that the welfare babies have picked how this country is going to die, I say we make sure it dies as fast and as hard as it can, the only way to fix this mess is to completely break it. I'm not a young man anymore, I've got 2 kids to think about, I want things to get completely FUBAR while I'm still around to do my best to protect them and help them get through it. If I don't survive this mess then emm shala I know my place it is to make a better world for my kids, If we have to go through some hard times then we will do it

True Americans can overcome , the rats will feed on themselves until there is nothing left.

Maybe this is our generations "great depression" , plague, tribulation, however you wish to look at it.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    ObamaCare is going to permanently change the full-time salaried worker position. Those will become quite few and far between. Temp companies likely to see a huge boom thanks to it.

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    I am curious as to where all this will go. Last year here in Northern PA natural gas was booming. They are now all but gone. I realize a good part of this is the low price of natural gas right now, but the gas companies are leaving the area, literally.

Once the well is putting out gas they split.

PAMom

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    Once the well is putting out gas they split.

Yeah, I get that. However, they have allowed permits to expire, constructed well pads and then walked away. There are wells drilled with no pipeline to them, so I don't think they are getting too much gas.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Avon
    Chairman and CEO of Murray Energy, an Ohio-based coal company, prays and lays people off in wake of election.

“Lord, please forgive me and anyone with me in Murray Energy Corp. for the decisions that we are now forced to make to preserve the very existence of any of the enterprises that you have helped us build.”

After Obama reelection CEO reads prayer to staff, announces layoffs - The Washington Post

Here is a list of many more...and more are coming. My cousin who owns a small business has 60 employees will most likely be cutting them in half.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Avon
    Ok this will be hard to communicate through a forum but My opinion is now that the welfare babies have picked how this country is going to die, I say we make sure it dies as fast and as hard as it can, the only way to fix this mess is to completely break it. I'm not a young man anymore, I've got 2 kids to think about, I want things to get completely FUBAR while I'm still around to do my best to protect them and help them get through it. If I don't survive this mess then emm shala I know my place it is to make a better world for my kids, If we have to go through some hard times then we will do it

True Americans can overcome , the rats will feed on themselves until there is nothing left.

Maybe this is our generations "great depression" , plague, tribulation, however you wish to look at it.

Tried to rep you...I am right there with you...with in the next 4 years I will have 3 grand kids graduating HS...and 2 more in 6 years.

El T

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Fishers
    Maybe Murray should have rethought the near MILLION DOLLARS he contributed to the Romney campaign.
    Evidence seems to once again point to a lack of integrity on his behalf.

I feel bad for his employees, but this man should be served to them on a spit.

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    Maybe Murray should have rethought the near MILLION DOLLARS he contributed to the Romney campaign.
    Evidence seems to once again point to a lack of integrity on his behalf.

I feel bad for his employees, but this man should be served to them on a spit.

Why should he rethink it?

Obamas EPA coal shutdown is looming and he was trying to divert what was not in the best intrest of his company, so he used HIS personal wealth to help save his company and its jobs. Where is the "lack of integrity"?

Top Bottom