• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Garrett

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I really don't know much about knifes and would like some recommendations on a solid, long lasting knife for everyday carry. I want to buy one that is going to last me for years, so Im willing to push the budget up there to get one.

Thank you in advance.

-Garrett

daspurlock

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    I carry a kershaw, leek. Has been a very good knife so far and I use it daily. USA made and has a lifetime warranty. Always been a case fan. But the kershaw has quick become a favorite. Good luck

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    I agree post up some more info on exactly what your budget it (for some people pushing it up there with a knife is 50 dollars) fixed or folder? with that info some of these crazy knife nuts could probably hook you up with what your looking for.

Garrett

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    Indianapolis
    My apologies. As far as budget is concerned, I would pay up to 500 or more if it is needed/worth the money. I don't know about carrying a Fixed blade as my EDC knife, unless its sheath could easy be clipped to the inside of my pocket, so I would probably prefer a folder. Unless a fixed blade that could fit that criteria could be suggested.

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    $500? I was going to say I like my sub $100 Benchmade, but I'm just going to slink away over here to the corner and drool over everyone else's recommendations.

Garrett

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Im not opposed to a lower price by any means. I just want something that can last me a lifetime (with proper care/use). For instance I have a little folding knife that my Grandfather had since he was 18, it shows its age/wear, but its still could be used if needed.

Garrett

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    Indianapolis
    How are those Kershaw Zero Tolerance blades? They seem solid and I love the fact that part of the funds go to the PVA(Paralyzed Veterns of America). You think that would fit my criteria as a long lasting blade with proper care?

DaKruiser

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Morgan Co.
    How are those Kershaw Zero Tolerance blades? They seem solid and I love the fact that part of the funds go to the PVA(Paralyzed Veterns of America). You think that would fit my criteria as a long lasting blade with proper care?

Yes!! I carry a ZT0301 everyday and love it, very nice knife.

Check out strider too, Brad of Bradsknives carries them. They are tanks!!

Garrett

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Yes!! I carry a ZT0301 everyday and love it, very nice knife.

Check out strider too, Brad of Bradsknives carries them. They are tanks!!

Oh really. That's the one that caught my eye on their site. You have the serrated one? About how much did you end up getting yours for?

DaKruiser

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Morgan Co.
    Oh really. That's the one that caught my eye on their site. You have the serrated one? About how much did you end up getting yours for?

I have the non serrated edge, I don't care for serrations at all!:puke:

d60c987c.jpg

Brad also carries ZT at the best price I've seen. His costomer service is second to none!:thumbsup:

Oliver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    If you're on a 500 budget, then your options are very open! A big +1 to the ZT knives, Emersons, and (on the low end of your budget) a Benchmade Griptilian. You really can't go wrong with any of these knives. PM Brad with Brad's knives, and I'm sure you'll be happy with the information and knives he can provide you.
    I also have to agree with DaKruiser about the serrations. I too do not care for them regarding EDC. They obviously have their uses, but personally I don't care for them.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    With a budget like that, I would recommend looking at a Chris Reeve folder. Since purchasing my Sebenza and Umnumzaan, I can't bring myself to carry anything else. S35V is an incredible steel, and titanium frame locks can't be beat. The fit and finish is second to none.

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    Strider, Emerson, HTM Gunhammer, Benchmade, and ZT. Not necessarily in that order.

Might want to take a look at the new Benchmade 810 Contego model. It's a beast and is using CPM-M4 for the blade. I just happen to have a partially serrated "First Production" model in stock. Also, the new Benchmade 275 Adamas model (D2 Steel), it's a beast also.

As far as Strider.... standard SnG model.

As far as Emerson....Roadhouse or standard size Commander.

:twocents:

Garrett

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Strider, Emerson, HTM Gunhammer, Benchmade, and ZT. Not necessarily in that order.

Might want to take a look at the new Benchmade 810 Contego model. It's a beast and is using CPM-M4 for the blade. I just happen to have a partially serrated "First Production" model in stock. Also, the new Benchmade 275 Adamas model (D2 Steel), it's a beast also.

As far as Strider.... standard SnG model.

As far as Emerson....Roadhouse or standard size Commander.

:twocents:

You have a shop I could see and handle some of these knives?

Top Bottom