• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 7urtle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    hammond
    I bought a daniel defense barrel and was unsure what rail/sight combo to run. I went to the closest gunsmith to add taper pins, and he said i would need to send the barrel and sight in to the manufacturer.is there any gunsmith in indiana that can do this or is sending it in my only option? is there any other way to mount the sight?

jinks

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2013
    Central
    If you are installing an A2 type front sight yourself, the easiest way is to use an Armalite clamp on front sight. Unfortunately Armalite doesn't have them in stock very often and they are also difficult to locate on the net. They may not be as secure as a pinned unit but they work well.

A2 GUN CLAMP-ON SIGHT KIT

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    I have a couple of AR's with set screws holding the front sight in place on the barrel. Two on the bottom and two on each side. Some people machine flats on the barrel for the side set screws. I think WOA does? But I haven't found flats to be necessary. It is solid as a rock.

Squirt239

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    North of Brownsburg
    It's difficult, but not impossible. The main tool needed is a mill. The block has to be centered, then an end mill must be used to flatten out the barrel prior to drilling. Once it's drilled, a taper reamer is used to install the taper pins.

It's a time consuming process, but it's not impossible.

midget

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 2, 2010
    Leo
    I have a couple of AR's with set screws holding the front sight in place on the barrel. Two on the bottom and two on each side. Some people machine flats on the barrel for the side set screws. I think WOA does? But I haven't found flats to be necessary. It is solid as a rock.

This has been my experience so far too..

Top Bottom