• ...and so much more!
  • dak109

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    Brown County
    Ok, this may take a while.
    I was at an active shooter seminar today and when the presentation was nearly over up pops a slide of the dreaded "no guns" sign with 2 masked bad guys in front of it asking "what do we do now?" Although wearing an ATF hat (another story), I couldn't help but ask. Does your University have a no guns on campus policy? Of course they did! Instead of asking the obvious WHY? I asked if they had ever considered traing and arming their faculty? "have you met some of our faculty?" was not a good answer. I tried to explain that another School in another Satae had trained and armed some of their faculty giving the bad guys the option of running into one of them instead of the good little sheeple they are there to harm. The presenter moved on to other questions faster than... ok, I can't resist.... a speeding bullet.

It would seem some would rather respond to the aftermath than mitigate the problem before it happened. How many more must be injured or killed before "the educated" get it?

Not trying to be controversial or pick a fight just thought it might make for a good conversation.

Bisley Man

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Whitestown
    Yes, sir...

...it would seem that anti-gunners prefer to mourn the defenseless slain victims rather than put the murderer's remains in a body bag.:rolleyes: Of course that is OK if the police shot him, not a common student/citizen. I don't understand why the "NO GUN ZONE" is like air to them, just can't exist without it.:dunno: The gun free zone attracts "zombies"

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    It would seem some would rather respond to the aftermath than mitigate the problem before it happened. How many more must be injured or killed before "the educated" get it?

Until it happens to they themselves, no amount of slain victims will ever be enough. Defending yourself won't dawn on them until after it is too late.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    ...it would seem that anti-gunners prefer to mourn the defenseless slain victims rather than put the murderer's remains in a body bag.:rolleyes: Of course that is OK if the police shot him, not a common student/citizen. I don't understand why the "NO GUN ZONE" is like air to them, just can't exist without it.:dunno: The gun free zone attracts "zombies"

Anti-gunners don't mourn slain defenseless victims. They relish them, for they can dance on their graves to advance their political agenda.

offroadking208

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    i actually sent an email to my universitys president today due to the amount of crime on campus that has occured in the last week. There has been an armed robbery of two students on monday morning at a parking lot on the outskirts (using what the victims describe as a possible toy gun) and a girl was attacked last night/morning by a male who was run off shortly after by another guy. I have a LTCH and if i had been put in either of these situations, they would have had much better end results. Fact is that campus police can't be everywhere and when life and death comes down to seconds, the police are always minutes away

dak109

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    Brown County
    After reading some of the replies, my memeory has been jogged to some other comments made during the presentation. This particular School has about 130k students satewide, they do not haave their own armed security, they contract it out to off duty LEO's. They would rather have students and faculty feel warm and fuzzy than be protected.

Fireman610

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 27, 2008
    Down by the River
    After reading some of the replies, my memeory has been jogged to some other comments made during the presentation. This particular School has about 130k students satewide, they do not haave their own armed security, they contract it out to off duty LEO's. They would rather have students and faculty feel warm and fuzzy than be protected.

Thats kinda how it is down in the southern tip where Im from, Keep the sheep moving and make em feel safe.... If anything is and issue than we'll deal with it when it becomes and issue and something happens til then its off the stove and back in the cupboard. I wish these folks that make decisions on other peoples safety come the realization the the world as a whole is circling the bowl and its only a matter of time before your worse case scenario is their real life disater and they're scrambling to get it rectified. As for myself I will be ready to react to whatever I can deal with on my own and if Im that over-whelmed its time for this fat boy to learn how to fly.

Top Bottom