ACORN registers 105% of the Indianapolis population to vote?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Voter fraud in Indiana, no wonder Indiana is considered a battleground state instead of being solidly for the GOP? ACORN has been very active in getting people registered!!!

TUESDAY, OCTOBER 7, 2008
    Ogden on Politics: Vote Early & Often? -- 105% of Indianapolis Residents Now Registered to Vote

Vote Early & Often? -- 105% of Indianapolis Residents Now Registered to Vote

It's the elephant in the room that Indiana election officials don't talk about. Voter registration numbers in the counties have been growing dramatically far above what is possible given the population. In today's Indianapolis Star, Brendan O'Shaughnessy reports that as of Monday evening 677,401 people in Marion County have registered to vote.

Many reporters covering voter registration stories will take the population of the state/county and then, by doing some math, the reporter dutifully reports that 75% or so of the population is registered in that state are registered. As I noted previously, this approach fails to consider the under 18 year old voters in that county or state who can't be registered to vote. As I reported a month or so ago in my post "No Hoosier Left Unregistered," when you back out the under 18 year old residents, Indiana is near 94% registration levels. And that was with more than a month left in the registration period.

I knew that the numbers would start exceeding 100% at some point and the election officials couldn't keep ignoring the elephant in the room - how do you have more registered voters than people eligible to vote? Well Indianapolis has now reached that point. Let's do the math.

According to STATSIndiana, In 2007, Indianapolis/Marion County had an estimated population of 876,804. Of that number 232,607 were below 18 years of age, for a total of 644,197 people in Marion County/Indianapolis 18 or over and thus eligible to vote. (Indiana allows felons to vote as long as they are not incarcerated).

So we have 644,197 people eligible to be registered in Marion County/Indianapolis, and 677,401 people registered. Congratulations go to Indianapolis for having 105% of its residents registered!

Obviously the effort at eliminating duplicate registrations is not working well. Bloated registration rolls lead to the possibility of election fraud and undermines the confidence in the integrity of the electoral process. This is a situation that needs to be addressed by state and county election officials.​

Rattlesnake46319

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2008
    Jefferson County, MO
    No shock here. After all, a man in Lake County died last November, but mysteriously rose from the dead to register in August.

Remember, Obama didn't just learn community organizing in Chicago, he learned politics too.

AFA1CY

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    In that Field that is Green
    There is one small problem with this. There are 17 year olds who are registered. As long as they turn 18 by the election they can register (and vote in the primary). Don't know how many this would be but I know of at least one.

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    There is one small problem with this. There are 17 year olds who are registered. As long as they turn 18 by the election they can register (and vote in the primary). Don't know how many this would be but I know of at least one.

True, but could that really account for a 5% discrepancy? IDK, 1 month accounting for an entire 5% of Indy population going from 17-18 seems pretty steep. Not impossible, just seems highly improbable to me :dunno:

AFA1CY

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Well it depends on how much recruting (registering) is done in the high schools. You figure there are alot of HSers turning 18. I remember back when the earth's crust was still warm, they had registeration drives in the HS.

<----- older than dirt

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    But ~32,210 high school kids who are turning 18 between the deadline and election day (30 days)? Also, this is assuming that 100% of ALL other eligible people ACTUALLY registered, which is also highly unlikely.

:twocents:

ETA:
    Wow it's late, the number would be 33,204

AFA1CY

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    I printed the requirements from the BMV and took them with me. The first person told me that I didn't have enough documents to get her state issued ID card. I pulled out the printout (that I had highlighted the documents we had) and asked to see a supervisor. Things went real smooth after that and we left with the ID :)

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    Just watched a segment on FoxNews about ACORN. They are under federal investigation in over 10 states right now. Every single "swing state". Coincidence? Their Nevada office was raided by the feds too.

And what's going to happen to them? Nothing. Hell, the original bailout plan was gonna give them another $100 Million. WTF?!?!

Justus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 21, 2008
    not in Indy
    Just a quick question,
    where are we getting the ACORN reference in this article?

I'm not doubting that ACORN is involved, I'm just not seeing the
    connection in the article, unless I read between the lines and consider
    the current ACORN investigation.

hoosiertriangle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 17, 2008
    Avon, IN
    I was at a presentation a few weeks ago by an Indianapolis Republican attorney speaking on this issue. The Indiana Republican Committee is training and staffing poll watchers in the most egregious voter fraud sites around the state. Oddly enough the worst place for this is the Children's Museum here in Indy according to the presentation. I've volunteered to be a poll watcher and try and stop some of this fraud wherever I'm posted at. I expect to be challenging some vote come Election Day.

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    I'm all for indelible dye on the thumb like they do in all the third world countries.

Kudos to Indiana for winning their SCOTUS case for photo ID at the polls, now we just need a way to keep people from having multiple identities.

Oh, hey... how about indelible dye?!

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Can Obama avoid this mess, too?

http://hillbuzz.wordpress.com/2008/1...co-violations/

Tonight we talked to someone who works in the federal courts here in Chicago.

The buzz in those corridors is that federal prosecutor Patrick Fitzgerald has been leading a team of FBI investigators in 10 states working on a RICO case.

Today, it was announced that ACORN is being investigated in 10 states.

That’s one Hell of a coincidence.

We asked why Fitzgerald would be involved in this, because he’s the prosecutor on the Tony Rezko case and we aren’t aware of ACORN being investigated in Illinois.

We were told that ACORN was investigated in Illinois years ago, and it was a Fitzgerald case then. This means ACORN’s activities today, involving a conspiracy to commit multi-state voter fraud on SoetorObama’s behalf, are an extension of that previous ACORN case.

Our source in federal courts said, “Any crime that involves more than two people and is carried out across state lines qualifies as a corrupt organization. The fact that those “Goodwill” donations were made in Texas and received at Obama headquarters in Chicago or Washington means it qualifies for RICO.”

The “Goodwill donations” referred to above are the $228 million in undocumented, unverified campaign contributions the Soetor Obama camp has received — which the McCain campaigned filed a complaint to the FEC on this past Monday.

We’ve also heard that the Clinton campaign filed complaints to the FBI and other federal agencies over SoetorObama’s fraud in the Iowa, Texas and other caucuses: voter intimidation, registration fraud, and other illegal activities.

The last thing we were told tonight in regards to all of this was that “the meme here is a tying together of all these various threads. That’s what you will see in the last weeks of the campaign: all things being tied together”.

If everything rumored here is true, it looks like David Axelrod, Howard Dean, Donna Brazile, Senator Obama himself, and possibly even Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid were all involved, together, in massive RICO violations, and thus federal fraud, if the DNC and party leadership knew what the SoetorObama campaign and ACORN were up to and allowed it to proceed.

Knowledge of federal crimes being committed makes all parties accessories to those crimes — and part of the conspiracy to defraud the public.

THAT would certainly be one Hell of a shock tomorrow morning.​

Top Bottom