• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shooter1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2010
    Tennyson "Warrick CO"
    :xmad:Trijicon! Come on! 900 DOLLARS FOR A TAO1NSN AND NOT EVEN 200 RDS through MY AR THE RETICLE CHIPS/FLAKES? I had to pay to ship it back to their company via insured mail on Xmas eve and the tracking number the Tennyson Post Office gave me doesn't work? It better get to Trijicon! So Im waiting for it to get to the shop so they can tell me what is wrong. I am going to politely suggest that they refund to and from shipping cost, also compensate the 126 rounds of match ammo I was shooting. I bought this ACOG brand new at Camp Lejuene PX two weeks before Christmas. The reticle under the 600 mark, has chipped out so u have a translucent blob in the bottom area of the line. This is ridicules right? Watch thread for update!

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    did you take any pics?

trijicon has an excellent reputation in regards to their customer service. i dont think they'll pay for your ammo, but they will certainly promptly fix your optics.

Stnmikita

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 26, 2009
    +2 on Trijicon customer service.

They are excellent to deal with and should correct or replace promptly based on what you have described. I think covering the ammo would be a stretch, but it never hurts to ask!

Good luck with the issue, sorry you are dealing with it.

combat45acp

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    DeMotte
    Ya that suck, I've had mine for many years, and 1000's of rounds. Their CS is pretty good, doubt they will square you up with ammo, but you never know. Keep us posted...

Shooter1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2010
    Tennyson "Warrick CO"
    Update Trijicon is swamped with repairs, told via customer service. I finally received a phone call, it arrived Dec 29th. Anybody else have this problem or problems with ACOGs? Sorry no pics, after I get a explanation Ill post it.

combat45acp

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    DeMotte
    Update Trijicon is swamped with repairs, told via customer service. I finally received a phone call, it arrived Dec 29th. Anybody else have this problem or problems with ACOGs? Sorry no pics, after I get a explanation Ill post it.

Never heard anyone have this problem, or really any problems that weren't self inflicted on the TA01's. Hope they make it right.

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    in the army i had 3 acogs and shot 10's of thousands of rounds though all of them with no problem. when i went to MLARM, in less than four weeks we shot like 17k rounds while beating the acog's to death and never a problem.

all companies will have some products that just don't meet the standards, it sucks it had to be yours but like everyone else they will take care of you.

Armed & Christian

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    MSG2 S.E. INDY
    Last August, one of my brothers (USMC Scout Sniper) had his $1500+ ACOG go TU during one of the drills. IIRC, it was something about the reticle coming loose. The funniest thing was the look on his face when his groups went to Hell on a precision-build AR and I was outshooting him with a 4 MOA Aimpoint on an AK.

Anything made by man can--and will--fail. I think it a bit unreasonable to expect them to reimburse the ammo cost (why did it take you over 100rds of match grade ammo to figure out something was amiss?), but Trijicon is known for their outstanding customer service. They did right by my brother and they'll do right by you.

Lock n Load

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    146   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    FFort

No, I have a TA31F on my M4 and a TA01 on my sons AR.... never an issue. I have a few friends that have ACOGs that have been troublefree too.

Like others stated, anyone can put out a bad item anytime. But CS at Trijicon is reported to be very good. Instead of $$ for the ammo, suggest they give you some accessories for the ACOG. Do you have the killflash for it, scopecoat etc.... ? I would be surprised if they didnt include these items if you ask for them.

Even if you have them, ask for them and then sell them to recoup the ammo $$.

Keep us posted,

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    That's one work week. Chill out. Do you want fast or do you want quality?
    +1

I once read a sign in a business that said:

We have 3 types of service here, you can choose 2 of them.

You can have good service fast, but it won't be cheap.
    You can have good service cheap, but it won't be fast.
    Or, you can have cheap service fast, but it won't be good.

You're already getting the service cheap, so do you want it fast or good? You get to choose. :D

Armed & Christian

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    MSG2 S.E. INDY
    Also consider that Trijicon may be doing the same thing Eagle is: putting active duty military orders ahead of the line. I sent a chest rig into Eagle earlier this year because the velcro tab by the map pouch came unstitched. I'm not sure I'd have gotten it back in the 6 weeks it took if I hadn't called and reminded them that I needed it for a carbine class.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Trijicon will fix your site. IMO they should pick up shipping, but many companies stipulate you have to cover shipping to them. I don't recall if trijicon covers shipping both ways.

I am going to politely suggest that they refund to and from shipping cost, also compensate the 126 rounds of match ammo I was shooting.

I don't get this. Why in the world would you think they owe you 126 rounds of ammunition?
    :dunno:

BearArms Jim

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    HAVEN'T HEARD OF MANY PROBLEMS FROM TRIjicon I WOULD SAY YOU HAVE ONE OF THE ONLY IMPERFECTIONS SO BEAR WITH IT. THEY WILL TREAT YOU RIGHT

Rocky1927

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2011
    Trijicon CS is the best. They replaced a Tri-power that I had purchased on ebay with a brand new unit, no questions asked! You simply cannot beat that. I have no doubt that they will take care of you.:)

Top Bottom