• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosier969

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2010
    i traded for an acog from a guy, and not really sure why they are so pricey, and what is the deal with all the features?

it is the ta31 ch with a docter optice backup site. the doc op was supposed to be a reflex style sight with no parrallax, ya? however when i put the gun on a rest, the dot still moves with my head...what gives?

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    How far away is the target? I'm not familiar (i.e. I don't own) with the Dr Optic, but some RDS's have a minimum distance of 20(?) feet or so. My EoTech needs more than the 10-12 feet I have in my "gun room," but it's not a problem at some point after that....

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Do you mean it moves around on the target when you move your head? Like if you aim it at the center of a bullseye and move your head, it moves into one of the rings? If it does that, you got boned. The dot should stay on the same point no matter where you put your head. Got a picture of it?

Lock n Load

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    146   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    FFort
    The ACOGs are pricey because they are built like tanks, some models have tritium and other features (BAC) that add expense to the optic.

Having said that, full retail is too much for my budget but I have bought a few nice used ones over the years and have always been more than satisfied with them.

My aging eyes appreciate the 4x in a non traditional scope tube, and the chevron makes for fast and easy target acquisition too.

Just my :twocents:,

Airborne33

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 18, 2010
    Colorado SPrings
    aim at a target futher away than the nearest light switch or door knob lol. At those distances you don't even need to aim, just point. j/k. As said before by mammynun, distance plays a factor. Aim at a target outside (A lightpost will do) move your head around and it should stay on target.

Assuming you have the real deal ACOG. You have one of the finest pieces of equipment that money can buy for a ar15. I envy you. These are built for serious use and abuse. They are spot on with clarity and accuracy. The bullet drop compensator is a great addition. Many scopes claim to have this feature, but really it's guesswork with them. Scopes are typically either, close quaters or designed for 200+ shooting. You can use that setup acog for room clearing, or taking out targets up to 800 meters. See if you can find a users manual either for the Army or Marine corps for the ACOG. Study it and learn how to actually use all the features and you'll be surprised how much T&A they packed into that clump of metal.

Top Bottom