• ...and so much more!
  • Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    153   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    Good lord, please noone comment about them that has never tried them. I know I won't spend $800+ on an optic for a .22. I know most won't. I know tons of people have searched and searched only to turn up thousands of posts about why acog clones on 22s suck, why you should buy the real deal, buy PA, etc. I would say 99% are blowing smoke.

Please don't respond if you
    1. Hate them for no reason
    2. Get pissed because of copyright infringement (most would not buy real deal for .22 anyways, just is product placement IMHO)

My question is, how many would be interested in a real world review of an acog eBay clone on a .22. Range tests, zero tests, etc. I know it's something I've wanted, just want to be sure it'll be something enjoyed before taking the time to do it. I just got a 4x acog clone in to try on my colt m4 22.

Completed here!!

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/accessories_and_gear/212408-acog_clone_on_22_ar_review.html

Last edited:

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    I could see a real value in a fake acog on a .22 AR if you have a real ACOG on your .223 AR.

If the reticles are close enough to mimic well, then the training value is there and the $ savings can be used for ammo, or paid training, or bribing your wife with a nice dinner - all valuable considerations.

Even if they are not a perfect match, if the sight does the job, it does the job. Enjoy it.

And, please, do post a review.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Oh, and if the fake Acog is good, then maybe I will mount one on a cricket which will be so ridiculous that it will draw some fire from your setup.

Haters always have to hate.

Buy it, have fun, learn something, share it, and be safe.

Goodcat

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    153   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    I've used real deal eotechs, but never would have considered a real acog, even after handling them in store, until after playing with this clone. I'm now saving my pennies for a real 4x acog for my 9mm sbr just after playing with the clone on a real rifle. I feel that there are no real acog clone on a .22lr reviews and I intend to make the first. Thanks for the interest. I'll hopefully get to it this weekend. Copyright crap aside, I feel acog recognizes the free advertisement and thats why they haven't cracked down hard on them. Well see, of course, after the review if they are suitable on a .22 platform.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    On a technical level, my main concern would be weight. If you are running a very light rifle like a 15-22 you could end up with a very top heavy beast that cants incessantly.

Goodcat

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    153   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    I'll have to weigh in the clones itself, but it is very light. If we receive good results with the colt m422, I'll be sure to sample it on an m&p15-22 also to address the concern.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I just got a 4x acog clone in to try on my colt m4 22.

So the clone is also 4x? Most of the ACOG clones I'm familiar with are simply a facade with simple red dot guts on the inside. You've piqued my interest.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    I've used real deal eotechs, but never would have considered a real acog, even after handling them in store, until after playing with this clone. I'm now saving my pennies for a real 4x acog for my 9mm sbr just after playing with the clone on a real rifle. I feel that there are no real acog clone on a .22lr reviews and I intend to make the first. Thanks for the interest. I'll hopefully get to it this weekend. Copyright crap aside, I feel acog recognizes the free advertisement and thats why they haven't cracked down hard on them. Well see, of course, after the review if they are suitable on a .22 platform.

I wouldn't put an acog on a 9mm sbr.:twocents:

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    I wouldn't put an acog on a 9mm sbr.:twocents:

nor would i. unless acog puts a 9mm reticle in thier scopes that im not aware of.

but if i would look at pa so i dont think im allowed to post in this thread.

that said a review is a great idea. the only qualification for a review in my book is you cant be to proud to say "i was wrong this think is junk" you will notice alot of folks after buying somthing and reviewing it even if it wont hold zero for a second shot will say "X product is great" just because they wont admit they were wrong.

Goodcat

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    153   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    Oh I'll gladly admit I was wrong if it tubs out to be junk. I'll be sure to remove and reinstall it many times, etc. I have a couple PAs in the shelf, just want to try something new.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    There's only a few model of low magnification ACOGs I could see putting on an sbr. Is it just the shape of the Trijicon scope body that you like?

I've had some cheap scopes/optics and they always are exactly that... cheap. I'm trying to move away from my cheap stuff even on my .22 rifles.

dubsac

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    After last years Hush shoot and stopping by and shooting the ish with Kel, I shot one of there 15-22's w/acog. It was my first experience shooting one and I was in love. Then I found out the price and nearly died. No way could I imagine spending that much on a scope for a 22. Let alone for my Ar. My want factor is definitely there but ill be sticking to aimpoints/eotechs & PA. Though if I could find a decent clone I wouldn't rule out the possibility of a purchase.

Goodcat

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    153   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    There's only a few model of low magnification ACOGs I could see putting on an sbr. Is it just the shape of the Trijicon scope body that you like?

I've had some cheap scopes/optics and they always are exactly that... cheap. I'm trying to move away from my cheap stuff even on my .22 rifles.

The shape and body, yes. I'm just one of those guys, no getting around it. I just can't have a magpul rear buis and troy front. You know? :):

I took some video and did some extensive unmounting/mounting/dropping/throwing riffle tests. I was extremely impressed! I'm working on a video now and hope to have a full review up before the weekend is over.

Goodcat

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    153   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    I'm going to do a written review with some pictures and also a 4-5 youtube video I'll post it in the review thread. You can see me unmounting the scope, throwing the rifle, dropping the rifle right on the scope, etc. It held zero after that!

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    I am still trying to figure out if this is an acog clone for real, or just an acog shaped body w/ a reddot in it.

I would be interested in a real acog clone including the BDC reticle, but have no intrest in a reddot made to look like an acog.

Top Bottom