• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Octomonkey

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Markle
    excellent video, i would suggest folks follow the link in the video to part 5, the interview with ron paul. good stuff. thanks ATF consumer :yesway:

(i would rep but i spent all mine!)

Did you watch Part 6 with Peter Schiff? He's always worth listening to, as well.

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    Chilling. I carry large sums of cash and fly quite often. I have been wary for quite some time of the idea of "guity until proven innocent" of many LEOs when it comes to this situation.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Wow...
    Email by Missouri LE email saying that possible terrorist were also members of Ron Paul Campaign for Liberty. Great.. I'm sure we have all been targeted already.

So what has become with this mess?
    Did anyone get in trouble? Any type of legal action against the gov?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2009
    Kentucky
    The fellow in the original post was dismissed by an FBI agent who apparently never spoke to him as there was never any PC to do so....having any sum of cash, by and of itself, is not an indicator of possible criminal activity. Even coupled with the carrier refusing to answer questions, there is no PC to hold the person. This is the type of situation that needs to have additional compelling evidence which lends itself to an overall belief that something nefarious is going on, thus an LEO can articulate his/her belief that such and such is/has happened by the following: x, y, z,.....or the totality of the circumstances indicate the above.

In this case they simply wanted to know what the money was for, how he got it....and it was none of their XXXX business. He did the right thing....for me, the lawyers would be putting in some serious time once they "compelled me" to accompany them to the DEA office or wherever. Compelling = arrest...and in this case no PC existed to believe that any law, let alone a particular law had been broken.

Guess the whole fourth and fifth amendment thing kinda was forgotten by them. Does not surprise me as the TSA folks are not sent through an intensive academy where they are taught the law, precedents, and how to formulate their intellectual processes. Simply a case of someone with a little authority believing they were far more than what they are....a screener, NOT a law enforcement officer sworn by the state or government body.

stepping off my soapbox now and seeking medical attention for my blood pressure! :chillout:

Top Bottom