• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BADWOLF

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 24, 2015
    Small Town USA
    Mom takes on school over confederate flag ban...

Mom upset over school's ban of Confederate flag | HLNtv.com

About the same thing happened at work yesterday. Guy drives pickup truck to work with large confederate battle flag in the back and is told to remove it or go home and take a point. Coworker goes home and takes the attendance point. Am realy pissed about how the company handled the situation. ...

Last edited:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    And if the young man had been wearing a swastika, or an Algiz, or a _________________ (fill in the blank)?

Why do you think schools should allow fighting words?

Maybe the schools ought to let their special little snowflakes acquire and/or learn coping skills with regards to things other people do that might offend them.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Maybe the schools ought to let their special little snowflakes acquire and/or learn coping skills with regards to things other people do that might offend them.

And Bobby Lee, Jr. gets the South end of himself handed to him in the bathroom, who do you expect to be sued? Longstreet? Stephens? President Davis? Or the school?

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Of course, I'll make the same offer I've made in other threads: INGO members pay for the legal defense of the school when it is sued.

I'm certain we'll have hundreds of sprained wrists for everyone going for his pen to write the check!:D

Mouth != Money. Everyone wants a fight with someone else's money.:laugh:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    And Bobby Lee, Jr. gets the South end of himself handed to him in the bathroom, who do you expect to be sued? Longstreet? Stephens? President Davis? Or the school?

Maybe Bobby Lee and a couple of his buddies ought to start a fight under the rainbow flag, about the rainbow flag on campus to set the needed litigious precedent to have it banned from the premises?

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Of course, I'll make the same offer I've made in other threads: INGO members pay for the legal defense of the school when it is sued.

I'm certain we'll have hundreds of sprained wrists for everyone going for his pen to write the check!:D

Mouth != Money. Everyone wants a fight with someone else's money.:laugh:

Unless this is a private school, we already pay for it.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Yes, let us just totally bury the battle flag of the Army of Northern Virginia, all the better to forget the entire Civil War.
    Oh, it's not really the Confederate Flag.
    This is the genuine article:

starsbars.gif

But then, why teach the kids actual facts, when instead we can just operate entirely on raw emotion and demagoguery instead?

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Maybe Bobby Lee and a couple of his buddies ought to start a fight under the rainbow flag, about the rainbow flag on campus to set the needed litigious precedent to have it banned from the premises?

And the rainbow flag symbolizes racial hatred just how exactly?:dunno:

If anything the rainbow flag symbolizes increasing property values and better restaurants in the neighborhood. But racial hatred? No way.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland

If anything the rainbow flag symbolizes increasing property values and better restaurants in the neighborhood. But racial hatred? No way.

You didn't find anything deliberately divisive and in your face about the White House being illuminated in rainbow colors a few months ago?

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    You didn't find anything deliberately divisive and in your face about the White House being illuminated in rainbow colors a few months ago?

I find no evidence of any racial hatred symbolized by the rainbow flag.

I know of no one who has killed another under the rainbow flag (gentrified neighborhoods sure, but Murder? No). I know lots of people who have killed and denied others civil rights others under the Confederate flag.

Just because you don't politically approve of something, does not make a symbol "fighting words".

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland

I know of no one who has killed another under the rainbow flag (gentrified neighborhoods sure, but Murder? No). I know lots of people who have killed and denied others civil rights others under the Confederate flag.

Just because you don't politically approve of something, does not make a symbol "fighting words".

But it's not really the "Confederate flag," as I demonstrated above.
    Again, emotion rather than rational thought.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

Racial hatred? No.

But as we know, there is a push on in many places to afford homosexuals special protections because of purported violence caused on their behalf. It's possible the mere presence of such advocacy might cause violence to erupt and if prior instances of violence are the trigger to cause banishment of a symbol that might offend special snowflakes, well maybe Jimmy Lee Jr and his buds can figure out a way to put the two flags on equal footing.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to GodFearinGunTotin again."

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to GodFearinGunTotin again."

Must you project your morality on everyone else? The rebel flag means different things to different people. I think it means "redneck". Some people think it means "rebel". Others think it means "southern pride". And many think it means "racist".

As for rainbow murders, have you not heard of the gay love triangle slaying in Louisville?

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011

You've been to Cape Cod.

1DOWN4UP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2015
    North of 30
    I don't think that anyone hates the C.S.A.....because no one says S**T about the STARS and BARS....They for some reason Hate NORTHERN VIRGINIA.....

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    ...If anything the rainbow flag symbolizes increasing property values and better restaurants in the neighborhood. But racial hatred? No way.

I can't disagree with that. The main thing I would worry about with a rainbow flag being flown next door is how my house will look in comparison.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I can't disagree with that. The main thing I would worry about with a rainbow flag being flown next door is how my house will look in comparison.

I used to feel that way but all of the hatred and death threats directed towards businesses and folks that took a pro traditional marriage made me realize...And I hate to say it....

Heterophobia is on the rise......

I am sure the upstanding members of the Klan lived in nice houses and kept their yards neat as a pin as well...:)

Top Bottom