• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    I am shopping for a new 1911 . so we went to few gun stores today. At one of them this Jack Wagon began pointing a shot gun at people in the store. :xmad:. When he pointed it at my son I let him know how inappropriate and unacceptable his actions were.

My wife thinks I over reacted. When it was all said and done 3 other people walked out of the store.

Are the rules for firearms safety now meaningless?

Rant off

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I am shopping for a new 1911 . so we went to few gun stores today. At one of them this Jack Wagon began pointing a shot gun at people in the store. :xmad:. When he pointed it at my son I let him know how inappropriate and unacceptable his actions were.

My wife thinks I over reacted. When it was all said and done 3 other people walked out of the store.

Rant off

Only to douche nozzles and A$$hats.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana

Dude, this is INGO. People here argue that the Four Rules are old and busted every single day.

Was his response "eet taint low-dead"?

GD Aspies, waving their guns about, stupid fools do more damage than 100 Sarah Bradys.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Dude, this is INGO. People here argue that the Four Rules are old and busted every single day.

I've only seen your old and busted #1 faulted and discarded in lieu of actually practicing the three which replaced it.

Was his response "eet taint low-dead"?

Which, curiously enough, only applies to your old and busted #1. It has literally nothing to do with safe gun handling.

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    If they do it in a gun store then they will do it at their house when showing their gun off. E kept there so.eone (or a TV) really gets shot.

More people need called on their BS stupidity. Wether they are called on it in a tactful or you just have to go off is a case by case basis.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    This joker pointed a shotgun at your son? It seem that you showed a great deal of restraint by not knocking some sense into the dumbass.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    We have to help each other. If I point a gun at someone I do not intend to shoot, I hope someone calls me out on it and reminds me that it is not cool. You helped the guy by pointing out his unsafe gun handling, whether he realized/appreciated it or not.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    I've only seen your old and busted #1 faulted and discarded in lieu of actually practicing the three which replaced it.

Which, curiously enough, only applies to your old and busted #1. It has literally nothing to do with safe gun handling.

Someone here has to ask this: What brand of scanning electron microscope do you use to split that hair that many times?

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    One has to wonder. There are always people who feel they must be identified as "the smartest guy in the room". They will argue about whether the sky is blue or the grass is green. So, it can be puzzling to us common dolts how they can't make the huge mental leap from "the gun is always loaded" to "handle every gun as if it is loaded". I guess that is a daunting intellectual chasm to get over.

sharpetop

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    I stopped at Point Blank in Greenwood a couple of weeks ago just to check them out. The 30ish blonde girl that I was talking to, actually cleared every firearm I looked at and was sure not to point it at anyone. I was so impressed that I commended her about it. She was also very knowledgeable and answered any question I asked.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I stopped at Point Blank in Greenwood a couple of weeks ago just to check them out. The 30ish blonde girl that I was talking to, actually cleared every firearm I looked at and was sure not to point it at anyone. I was so impressed that I commended her about it. She was also very knowledgeable and answered any question I asked.

Why is it so important to point out that she was blonde and a girl? Does that make it more shocking that she knew what she was doing?

Cpt Caveman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   1
    Feb 5, 2009
    Brown County
    I think "blonde" and "girl"are simply descriptive terms. Did that "trigger" you or something, Snapdragon?
    I would consider a blonde lady in a gun store that knew what she was talking about and was well versed in proper safe firearm handling to be more shocking than a blonde dude with the same qualities. That's just me. At least its more uncommon.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    No, it didn't "trigger" anything. It was a simple question to clarify the implication that blondes and/or females would be less likely to be knowledgeable about firearms and their safety. Why stop there? Why not imply that certain races would be less likely to be knowledgable about guns? It's the same thing.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    No, it didn't "trigger" anything. It was a simple question to clarify the implication that blondes and/or females would be less likely to be knowledgeable about firearms and their safety. Why stop there? Why not imply that certain races would be less likely to be knowledgable about guns? It's the same thing.

Well, frankly, statistically speaking women ARE less likely to be knowledgeable about firearms. You (and other ladies here) are a statistical anomaly. :dunno: I wish it werent true but it is. Should I be all butthurt because somebody was surprised I can cook AND sew?

MohawkSlim

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2015
    firing line
    Shaping up to be the best thread of the day! MURICA!!!

I wonder which other inanimate objects the OP would be offended by someone pointing at his son. Would a guy picking up a baseball bat and swinging in the general direction of the son be cause for concern? Would trying on gloves and pointing fingers through the finger holes be intimidating and cause for alarm?

Yet, somehow, this metal thingy he was waving around was more dangerous. Hmm.

Here we go again telling anti-gunners and the general public that guns are no more dangerous than, say, a flight of steps, and yet, here we go again, getting all butthurt over someone pointing one end of a gun in a general direction because it's somehow dangerous or at the very least, a violation of arbitrary rules popularized by pseudo-celebrities.

Someday I'm hopeful we'll be able to treat guns like the inanimate metal objects they are.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I knew immediately from the description of the clerk being referred to.
    SHE has come a long way since she started working there.
    SHE is one of several female employees that does follow the 4 rules.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana

I wonder which other inanimate objects the OP would be offended by someone pointing at his son. Would a guy picking up a baseball bat and swinging in the general direction of the son be cause for concern? Would trying on gloves and pointing fingers through the finger holes be intimidating and cause for alarm?

Here we go again telling anti-gunners and the general public that guns are no more dangerous than, say, a flight of steps, and yet, here we go again, getting all butthurt over someone pointing one end of a gun in a general direction because it's somehow dangerous or at the very least, a violation of arbitrary rules popularized by pseudo-celebrities.

Someday I'm hopeful we'll be able to treat guns like the inanimate metal objects they are.

But inanimate metal objects are sometimes loaded, and following a few basic rules takes the "is it loaded or isn't it" worry out of everyone's mind.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

It is merely the thought of what harm this metal "Thingy" could do if the person swinging it around had actually forgotten to unload it. It could "Kill" simple as that and doing what he did is inherently dangerous period.
    Point a gun at me and see what happens next.
    Point one at my grandchildren and I guarantee what will happen next.
    This is how "I" feel about this. Others will have their own opinions of course.

I am very conscious of how I handle any firearm.
    I have had an AD and lucky no one was hurt except the bench in my shop.
    I have twice in my life taken a pistol from my safe to find a live round in it . No mag and hammer down just a single live round in the chamber. How could this possibly happen..??...I am so very cautious. It happens. These incidents were back in the 80's but who is to say.
    Muzzle down and away....always. It is how I was taught and it is the best way I am aware of.

It is just bad form to point a gun at anyone except in anticipation of ending them.
    A baseball bat can do no harm at distance. Not a fair analogy.
    This is my own humble opinion and nothing more.

Top Bottom