• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Can you believe this? I provided a link to Snopes because I couldn't believe it!

The brass at ABC News issued orders forbidding reporters to wear lapel pin American flags or other patriotic insignia. Their reasoning was that ABC should remain neutral about "causes". Since when is support for preventing our death & destruction some sort of a cause? Since when is patriotism to be discouraged. I urge you to boycott ABC and its sponsors and affiliates.

Snopes Here.

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    I have to wear a suit several days a week and I almost always wear some type of lapel pin that feaures an American flag. I've noticed that not many people do this. I'm always surprised that there aren't more proud folks out there displaying the American flag.

That flag represents so much to me. I almost got tears in my eyes when my little boy learned the pledge of allegiance in preschool.

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    It is sad, but I can't bring myself to say the pledge as it is written now. I find myself finishing with "Liberty and Justice to Most." After the last few years of more stripped freedoms, that is what we have.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    I'm always surprised that there aren't more proud folks out there displaying the American flag.

I agree. The flag stands as a proud symbol of our nation and our fathers who fought for freedom. The talking heads on the TV News could easily support that?!? Or so you think! The position of ABC is that they want to appear to be neutral . . . but their news anchors then act as "Master of Ceremony" at the Gay Rights Parade, or walk in the AIDS charity march, or spew out anti-gun editorials . . . but they can't wear a flag because they need to 'appear' neutral.

Sorry ABC, your anchors are so obviously biased already that you are simply showing your bias with this hollow rhetoric. :twocents:

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Does it say anything about if the reporters are overseas? That can play a huge thing in journalism. Go to Iraq to interview Al-Sadr, you arent going to get in wearing a pin with US flag.

I have to say though, ABC has been downhill since the early 90s. Their programming sucks and caters to the lowest common denominator that wants to think they are smart (Fox just caters to idiots).

NBC, CNN and Reuters are my news sources, not to mention that I get a good thing with a direct AP wire feed service because I set it up when I was in communications. All the stuff you see that is "breaking news" I get 5 minutes before that, unadultered by local stations.:D

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Does it say anything about if the reporters are overseas? That can play a huge thing in journalism. Go to Iraq to interview Al-Sadr, you arent going to get in wearing a pin with US flag.
    Yes it does, and that is a valid point. Overseas. Not sure how valid it is here for the TV anchorperson who sits in Indianapolis or the weather chick who tells us it is going to rain again. But ABC forbids them from showing their colors if they choose to wear a flag pin.

And nobody is saying that they should wear a flag pin, it however seems like very bad policy to forbid it if the news anchor freely chooses to wear it!

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    Um... just out of curiosity.. doesn't the A in ABC stand for American? Or am I delusional? It's very possible I'm delusional. :)

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    Just another outrage by the MSM. Wait for the return of the fairness doctrine. The Libs preach fairness but practice mass discrimination but Brother Barry will save us from ourselves :xmad:

Top Bottom