Not open for further replies.

Floater

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2012
    Chesterton
    seeker1321 said:
    Also thanks to Floater for letting me use a few rounds of his .303 ammo for his Lee Enfield, after looking at four different stores trying to find ammo for it I know it can be hard to come by.
    Anytime. That rifle is just pure joy to shoot.

seeker1321 said:
    I did notice that having three competitions seemed to take a while, so those that weren't competing tended to stand around waiting to be able to shoot again.
    I noticed that too, but didn't mind so much. I thought it gave people a good chance to mingle and chat a bit more.

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    It has occured before! I think it was lonehoosier or perhaps Bill B that was shooting from the 10 yard on the 25 yard and someone started shootig rifle from the benches!!! THIS OCCURED DURING A NON MEET & SHOOT EVENT!

Thus why "my heart in my mouth" comment as we moved the line forward.
    -Jedi
    it weren't me, I shoot back. Notice the lack of purple.

NapalmFTW

British dude
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Lowell
    I spent a good deal of time standing in front of the shooting benches while people were down range to make sure that nobody would shoot at the shooters!

Although I'm British, I appreciate you not wanting me (and others) shot in the back, so thank you Sir :D

NapalmFTW, "25 yards is pointless" I need to get you out to the range more often...
    <snip>

I take your point - I love long range shooting, but just to get my skill level up for "defensive" shooting I can't see where my rounds are hitting with any kind of accuracy. So for that, 25 yards is pointless (without some kind of spotting scope, especially against paper targets... steel on the other hand would be more fun and gives you instant feedback). Anyway, this is off topic now, sorry.

Posting an RO to watch the rifle area has been suggested. Also, if someone has some caution tape, a strand of that could be strung all around the shooting platform as a visual reminder.

Excellent idea. I'm sure I could acquire some yellow tape from a couple of places. :)

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    DSCN3555w.jpg

:D

I had never heard of the Remington 7615P until this thread. How was it to shoot and how is it's accuracy? I find it interesting for some reason, probably because it's not another AR.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I had never heard of the Remington 7615P until this thread. How was it to shoot and how is it's accuracy? I find it interesting for some reason, probably because it's not another AR.

IT WAS FUN TO SHOOT :yesway:

16" barrel and no flash hider makes for a BIG FIREBALL coming out the end of the gun, but the little 223 cartridge didn't have any real recoil to worry about. The receiver appears to be from a 20 gauge Rem 870 and the pump mechanism seems to be adapted from the 870 too. Nice thing was that it accepted a standard AR15 magazine. It opens up a world of possibilities because it could easily be converted to a 458 Socom or similar round for Indiana deer hunting.

Although I'm British, I appreciate you not wanting me [strike](and others)[/strike] shot in the back, so thank you Sir :D
    If someone is going to shoot a traitorous Brit in the back I want to make sure its not an accident.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I didn't mind the down time between shoots. Get a chance to meet everyone.
    I have a bright yellow reflective vest. We could use it for a Range Officer. Trade off, so one person doesn't get stuck with it.
    The tape is an even better idea. Menards maybe??

25 yds may be further than most defensive encounters, but it's nice to be able to. Further away, is better for the trained person.

HistoryLink.org- the Free Online Encyclopedia of Washington State History

Meanwhile, Senior Airman Andrew P. Brown, age 25, with the 92nd Air Force Security Police Squadron, was patrolling the base’s housing areas on a bicycle when he received an emergency call on his two-way radio. He pedaled a quarter-mile to the scene and, while still some 70 yards away, spotted Mellberg shooting at scores of panic-stricken people in the parking lot.

Brown ditched his bicycle and ordered the gunman to drop his weapon. When Mellberg turned and shot at him, Brown dropped into a combat crouch and returned fire with his 9mm Beretta M9 semiautomatic pistol. He fired four rounds at Mellberg; two missed, one hit him in the shoulder and one struck him between the eyes, instantly ending his homicidal rampage. The drum magazine in Mellberg’s MAK-90 still held 19 rounds of ammunition

Highlights
    His heart rate was up from a fast bicycle pedal to get there. Engaged BG at 70 yds with a 9mm pistol.
    Against a carbine/rifle
    2 hit, 2 miss.
    Imagine doing that with the bullets flying around you.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Hopefully next month I will have another rifle, and be bringing a couple different ones from the collection. Everyone seems to love the SCAR and the M1 Garand, so I will either have to switch a couple of the others out, or just bring more along. I know I had a good time. I will def have to work on one handed shooting again, since i hadn't for apparently WAY too long. Every now and then its good to be humbled, so you can learn more.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008

It was fun to shoot. I noted a few deficiencies in the design and utility, but I still very much enjoyed shooting it.

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    and also a big big thanks to Nipprdog for bring that Just Right AR carbine in 9mm. That thing was great. I am sure you could tell by the big smile on my face. I bit I put a hundred rounds throw it.*

:yesway: For all the time you spend cooking for all of us, no problem. :D

I spent a good deal of time standing in front of the shooting benches while people were down range to make sure that nobody would shoot at the shooters!

Well done. It was noticed by the mods, as well. :ingo:

Merrixs

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2011
    North West
    I think the scoped rifle portion at the 50 yard line is a great idea just for bumping up the difficulty.

What I do at the 25 yard line with my pistol, or iron sited rifle, if I want to see where the bullet is impacting is just move off to the side of the plywood and shoot at a dirt clump on the backstop.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Who was the member that wanted the PDFs of the appleseed targets?
    Can you please PM your email address so I can send them to you. Thanks!

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    IT WAS FUN TO SHOOT :yesway:

16" barrel and no flash hider makes for a BIG FIREBALL coming out the end of the gun, but the little 223 cartridge didn't have any real recoil to worry about. The receiver appears to be from a 20 gauge Rem 870 and the pump mechanism seems to be adapted from the 870 too. Nice thing was that it accepted a standard AR15 magazine.

Actually, all rounds fired that day were XM193 5.56 NATO. ;)(not that there is a big recoil difference) It is chambered for both;

DGG_7890w.jpg

Correct on all other comments. :rockwoot:

Goober135

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Valparaiso
    Maybe once or twice. :D

:p :):

Well, it does sting a little. Can't be the weapon, they used the same one. Must be Jordan is better......
    Ouch.
    :)

True. the only Qualk used both of my rifles for the comp as well and didn't even place. :laugh: Jordan must just be a ringer! ;)

Hum... Goober wins the pistol comp with his handgun, and his rifles win the rifle comp? Hum... those gus are "loaded"! SECURITY!!! SECURITY!!!! Kick this guy out. He has loaded guns.

:): I'll try not to use my cheat codes next time! ;)

:rofl: get the pun? As in loaded dice?

:facepalm: :ugh: :facepalm: :ugh:

:laugh:

Goober135

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Valparaiso
    Goober you don't know it but Jordan is your new best friend. He hasn't stopped talking about you letting him shoot you rifle.

I'm glad to have inspired a younger shooter! :ingo:

I seem to have a knack for having kids like me. In my parents neighborhood there are a lot of young kids and my mother calls me the pied piper cause they always want to come over since I have a lot if neat toys like airsoft guns, paintball guns, and RC cars. :):

Last edited:

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    ... WD showed me a 1911 wanna be 9mm that was wicked but too much recoil and bite from such a small gun.

Congratulations, you are living up to the Pink! You are the first person ever to complain about the recoil from the EMP ... that includes my wife and more than a few other females.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Congratulations, you are living up to the Pink! You are the first person ever to complain about the recoil from the EMP ... that includes my wife and more than a few other females.

I aim to please you know. Perhaps "recoil" is not the term to use but it was very snappy. Plus it did lack PINK so why would you even thing I would like it. :rolleyes: Plus it's from SJ, come on that is like 3 strikes right there.

Still always good to try new guns so I can add them to the "Not for Jedi" list. :D

Remains me who has an XDm in .45 I would like to try that.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama

If he can't handle the lack-of-recoil from a 9mm 1911 EMP pistols then maybe Jedi needs to try one of my Detonics in .451 Detonics Magnum :roll eyes:

FWIW, he didn't like my Para Warthog in 45 either.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom