• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AuntieBellum

Expert
    Dec 4, 2009
    Rensselaer
    Another great Appleseed! Compared to the heat we've been having this summer, this weekend was cool and breezy! I hear tales of many new Riflemen, but sadly I missed out on the Sunday festivities. Saturday started off with two new orange hats, though, and I hear there was a green hat presented later that day. Congrats!

It was wonderful to meet and talk with the Appleseed attendees this weekend. It always amazes me (although by now it really shouldn't) just how much I enjoy being with Americans who are standing up and claiming the liberties our founders won for them. Thanks for being there, and I look forward to seeing you again at future Appleseeds!

Congrats, SPQR! (Sorry for the weird haze...I was totally not prepared for a pic opp and my lens immediately fogged up from the humidity as soon as I pulled it out of the case.)
    100_5604.jpg

Congrats, Bubba/Rimshot!
    100_5608.jpg

Explaining the first target:
    100_5609.jpg

Shooters getting some history:
    100_5605.jpg

:patriot:

Bubba

Expert
    Apr 10, 2009
    Rensselaer
    It was an awesome weekend! I didn't get to spend every moment on the line but when I was there... wow! Awesome attitudes all around. Everyone from the experience Appleseeders to the newbies who still have some work ahead of them stepped up to the line for every COF with enthusiasm and walked away with a valuable piece of data in the quest to achieve that 4MOA goal. DaveD was awarding Rifleman patches like it was going out of style! Range facilities were superb as usual, courtesy of Cloverdale Conservation Club. After Saturday morning's rain washed away Friday's heat the weather was great! Yet another terrific weekend at an Appleseed. :rockwoot:

On a related note, look for the upcoming album by ATM and the Bacon Bunch, "The Hits of Appleseed" coming this fall on digital quality [strike]CD[/strike] 8-track. The album features live recordings of such classics as "Safe Rifle" sung to the tune of the Gilligan's Island theme. It's wholesome entertainment for the whole family.

AuntieBellum

Expert
    Dec 4, 2009
    Rensselaer
    You mean Saturday morning's rafting trip?

Okay, I guess there wasn't THAT much rain coming in the tent. ;)

And I almost forgot - the one lady on the line - kudos to Rebecca for doing such a great job at your first Appleseed! You did a fantastic job and could really show some pros how standing is supposed to look. :rockwoot: Dry-fire, keep talking to Daniel about him needing to get you an AR, and we'll see you again soon!

Bendrx

Expert
    Sep 3, 2009
    East Indy.
    This was my first Appleseed, I signed up for the Mini coming up next month but couldn't wait that long. Glad I didn't wait. Great instructors and shooters. Met several faces from INGO I hadn't met before and a few I have in the past, as well as others who weren't on INGO yet. I'm looking forward to the Mini. I was able to improve my marksmanship alot. My only complaint would be that there isn't an Appleseed this coming weekend, but I need time to make it to the 1500 too. Thank you to DaveD for putting this show on and the rest of the instructors/Applecore, I'd name the rest but fear I'd leave somebody out.

DHolder

Expert
    Jan 25, 2009
    Mooresville - MSG2 Hub
    I think what Bubba meant to say was...howlsome entertainment!!! :stickpoke: Having sang backup with ATM on the line, I think we need to take our show on the road, a road verrry far away. :eek:

We have a good time working the line at Appleseed. If you think this is a bunch of stuffy old guys talking in a monotone voice, about dusty old history books, :fogey: NOT US!!! :banana: Safe, fun and educational with a good deal of trigger time, and all Riflemen recieve free BACON:bacondance:

Dr Falken

Expert
    Nov 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    I just wanted to thak all of the instructors and Apple Corps for a very enjoyable and educational time. I'm still pumped from the weekend!

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Another outstanding weekend spent with a great group of folks. :rockwoot:

It was great to meet and get to know all the shooters.
    (Connecting some INGO names to faces is always a special perk, too.) ;)

Congrats to those Riflemen who shot the score and to those who are well on their way to being able to do so as well.
    I saw some fantastic shrinking groups over the course of those two days. :yesway:

I saw people connecting on a very personal level with their heritage and their eyes opening to the nature of what they were handed and the cost by which it was secured. :patriot:

Those stepping up to join the mission have my deepest respect and gratitude, I look forward to working with you all again.
    Truly, the quality of people I've met and the camaraderie established on the Appleseed trail is beyond description.

Now, don't anyone forget to add that crucial 7th step to your practice.
    You all know people who would enjoy and deserves a weekend like this as much as you did...

but the singing will continue until the marksmanship improves! :):

Last edited:

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Another outstanding weekend spent with a great group of folks. :rockwoot:

It was great to meet and get to know all the shooters.
    (Connecting some INGO names to faces is always a special perk, too.) ;)

Congrats to those Riflemen who shot the score and to those who are well on their way to being able to do so as well.
    I saw some fantastic shrinking groups over the course of those two days. :yesway:

I saw people connecting on a very personal level with their heritage and their eyes opening to the nature of what they were handed and the cost by which it was secured. :patriot:

Those stepping up to join the mission have my deepest respect and gratitude, I look forward to working with you all again.
    Truly, the quality of people I've met and the camaraderie established on the Appleseed trail is beyond description.

Now, don't anyone forget to add that crucial 7th step to your practice.
    You all know people who would enjoy and deserves a weekend like this as much as you did...

ATM has done a fine job of summing up my thoughts as well. It is always a pleasure to come to an Appleseed and to watch my fellow Americans as the lights go on in their heads, realizing what it all means and putting it all together. Some of our shooters put it together very well indeed. I saw a score of 242 on one of the Sunday AQTs, with a PERFECT stage 4 (those targets are about the size of your thumb, folks) and on the same target, an almost-perfect stage 3 as well. (49 out of a possible 50). A Rifleman perseveres, we say, and it's true. That kind of skill doesn't just happen.
    Much more important than the marksmanship, however, was the history. I was not present on Saturday, sadly, however I watched people as stories of Dangerous Old Men were told and as YHJ closed the weekend's shoot with a few thoughts. Despite the long day's shooting and that on top of the previous day for everyone else, I saw people sitting forward in their seats, listening to the words, trying to get just that little bit more meaning, that tiny bit stronger connection to our past... and I was reminded of my first shoot.
    We Americans have not had exposure to or instruction in our history, to a large extent, and I am of the opinion that we all know, instinctively perhaps, that SOMEthing is missing. I think that we thirst for it and when we find it, we want every drop. I could not be happier to have found Appleseed and to share it with other Americans... some of whom are awake and alert, others waking up. It is our goal to wake those who yet slumber.

Thank you all for allowing me to share this weekend with you.

ATM said:

noooo_birds.jpg

Ah, who am I kidding? Appleseed's worth it even if I have to listen to ATM sing. :stickpoke:

Blessings,
    Bill

DaveD

Sharpshooter
    Mar 27, 2008
    Greencastle

Now, I for one am waiting with great anticipation for the release of "The Hits of Appleseed". A Cloverdale exclusive?

My thanks to a great group of instructors, makes my job easy and a fantastic, attentive, and safe group of shooters.

PS: I knew if waited long enough AuntieBellum would get this thread started. By the way, it's an honor (and fun) to hand out Orange Hats.

Last edited:

DaveD

Sharpshooter
    Mar 27, 2008
    Greencastle
    I really need to talk about our Riflemen this shoot:

We have Daniel, who confirmed his Rifleman status with a 212 - again with a bolt action.

Todd - on this his 3rd or 4th Appleseed rang in a 213 and 211.

Nathanael - who's perseverance finally paid off with a 233 :rockwoot:

Richard - with 211, 217, and a 223

Last but not least is:

Dan - with a 220, 227, 228, and a 242

Men who very much know what they are about, who took the skills presented and made them their own. Well done my fellow Americans.

Gentlemen, now to that 7th step of firing the shot!

Top Bottom