• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    Actually, he's wrong. A shell is a projectile and normally applied to cannon or navy guns. It may or may not come with a a casing.

A .22 is a cartridge. A round is normally associated with a volley of fire and is properly applied to a single cartridge.

The old fart was probably a wife and kid beater or on the path toward Alzheimers, or both.

Probably shouldn't have a drivers license at this point.

Jomibe

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2013
    Hendricks County
    That's a hell of an assumption.

It's a logical assumption considering he threatened to kill a stranger over ammo limits.

Threatening to beat up some young whipper-snapper because he thinks he knows everything doesn't make a man a woman beater or child abuser.

He was just trying to teach you a lesson in his own old man way. You walked away from him and he wasn't going to have it. He just felt disrespected. Cut the man some slack, he's old, not a monster (I assume. :scratch:)

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    My story begins in nineteen-dickety-two. We had to say dickety because the Kaiser had stolen our word twenty. I chased that rascal to get it back, but gave up after dickety-six miles. Anyway, three wars back we called Sauerkraut "liberty cabbage" and we called liberty cabbage "super slaw" and back then a suitcase was known as a "Swedish lunchbox." Of course, nobody knew that but me. Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    When one deals with the public, one can expect, on occasion, a customer who gets irate over store policy or whatever. It isn't just limited to 90 year old WWII vets. The customers who get upset are really upset about the law or store policy, but take it out on the closest "goat" they can and that is usually a store clerk. This old vet was probably wondering what had become of the country he knew and fought for, where he could walk into any hardware or gun store and pick up as much ammo as he wanted. He probably is computer illiterate and reads the newspaper and watches the news on tv. He likely had no idea that idiots have been hoarding ammo for a long time. All he saw was some "kid" telling him he could only have a certain amount of ammo and that seemed un-American to the old man. There are a ton of know-it-all young folks out there, as well as, middle-agers. It seems like it is more aggravating for youngsters to deal with old folks who think they know something, which is incorrect, than for old folks to deal with youngsters who do the same thing. I guess most older folks just have more patience, since they devoted a large part of their lives raising and dealing with youngsters.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    My story begins in nineteen-dickety-two. We had to say dickety because the Kaiser had stolen our word twenty. I chased that rascal to get it back, but gave up after dickety-six miles. Anyway, three wars back we called Sauerkraut "liberty cabbage" and we called liberty cabbage "super slaw" and back then a suitcase was known as a "Swedish lunchbox." Of course, nobody knew that but me. Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Have you taken your little pill this morning?

:D

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    When one deals with the public, one can expect, on occasion, a customer who gets irate over store policy or whatever. It isn't just limited to 90 year old WWII vets. The customers who get upset are really upset about the law or store policy, but take it out on the closest "goat" they can and that is usually a store clerk. This old vet was probably wondering what had become of the country he knew and fought for, where he could walk into any hardware or gun store and pick up as much ammo as he wanted. He probably is computer illiterate and reads the newspaper and watches the news on tv. He likely had no idea that idiots have been hoarding ammo for a long time. All he saw was some "kid" telling him he could only have a certain amount of ammo and that seemed un-American to the old man. There are a ton of know-it-all young folks out there, as well as, middle-agers. It seems like it is more aggravating for youngsters to deal with old folks who think they know something, which is incorrect, than for old folks to deal with youngsters who do the same thing. I guess most older folks just have more patience, since they devoted a large part of their lives raising and dealing with youngsters.

I think this is right.

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    And I only said he was probably a wife beater....talk about assumptions!

I'm an old guy. Old A**holes and young A**holes are no different...except it's amazing they got to be that old. Just like you don't see many 90 year old fat guys. The % are against it.:soapbox:

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    Better hope his ass wasn't Airborne...if he was, he's probably planning a jump into the parking lot soon.

Top Bottom