• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jb28

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    Was just watching a show called "Secrets ofSEAL Team Six", great show, pretty informative. Anyways they were talking about gear and tactics when the started explaining the K-9 support they have. Ballistic vest, night vision, full communication with the SEALs ( so they can watch and tell them via radio to KILL). They also mentioned that they were $75k dogs... WTH? I was impressed, these dogs dive, and jump from planes, they are some bad @$$ dogs. Now, I have to save my next 25 years of tax checks or hit the lottery, I WANT ONE!
    A U.S. Navy Seals' Secret Weapon: Elite Dog Team : Discovery News

midget96

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Avoca
    Trust me they are all not 75K dogs. I have a black female labrador that passed all the tests thru K2 solutions and she is in the middle east with the Marines as a IED and search and rescue dog. "Harlee" was my personal hunting dog before K2 asked to purchase her. Hopefully she makes it back and when she turns 6, I will get my Marine corporal back !!!! :patriot:

TheWabbit

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    In my lair
    I just finished reading "Dogs of War". It is a good book on the history and culture of K9 units in the military. The first chapter is about Cairo, the Belgian that rode with the Seals when Bin Laden was removed from this world.

jason765

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Henry County
    I just finished reading "Dogs of War". It is a good book on the history and culture of K9 units in the military. The first chapter is about Cairo, the Belgian that rode with the Seals when Bin Laden was removed from this world.

I thought I heard this wrong on the news because I have a 5 year old german shepherd named Cairo, too cool.

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    With all the training and equipment the SEAL dogs get, I don't doubt 75k a bit.... They are some bad ass dogs for sure.

jb28

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    I had a LE trained German Shepard as a kid and he was THE best. I hate to sound bad but when my current family dogs pass, ya I know it just sounds bad, I think I'm gonna invest in a German Shepard and put him through some training. Don't get me wrong I love my "rescues", and they would lay their life down for anyone in my family. They just dont have ballistic vests, night vision, skydive, and serious kick @$$ skills.

Top Bottom