• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    I bought a sks from a kid there and while i was looking at someone stole the powder scale I had just purchased.:xmad:..probably somebody from INGO :laugh: LOL....i then walked ten feet and some guy offered to buy the sks from me for about the cost of the powder scale so i did it. I guess reloading is not something i will be doing soon. :rockwoot:

jetmechG550

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    No that was the guy that thought he could grab a gun and run out the door. He hit his head out in the parking lot.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    no the guy who got me was never found to my knowlege. i went and bought a lockable case (thanks brads knives) so it was a fairly cheap lesson, it could have been worse

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    C'mon

You guys must be kidding. Based on some opinions expressed here, gun owners are all honest, upstanding citizens! Internet access is further proof of honesty and integrity! Gun show attendance should be the ultimate testimony to a person's character. :rolleyes:

I hope nobody is disillusioned!

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    even after i got stolen from i still believe gun owners are a much more honest group of people than most if not any other group out there, but every group hasa its bad eggs. also somthing to keep in mind is in the last few years there has been millions of new gun owners. some do and some dont share the values of the core group of gun owners.

Specialized

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 97.8%
    87   2   1
    Jan 26, 2011
    Highland, IN
    A woman at one of the booths said they had had not one but TWO ballistic plates stolen from their table on Saturday morning. I got there at about 10:30am, talked to her at about 11:30am. Crazy stuff, but with all the people there, I can see how it happens.

Archer46176

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 21, 2012
    South East of Indy
    Did they ever find the donation or raffle envelope they came over the loud speaker about Sunday? Something about a young man who was going around for a raffle or something had lost the envelope or money bag he was carrying. I can only imagine that many things do get walked away with at the shows just because of some of the people that are there. While standing in line waiting for the doors to open I felt like issuing an I.Q. test to several people who were in line near us. I am not sure theh could ha e spelled I.Q. let alone been able to complete a test...LOL

Dundee

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 2, 2012
    West Lafayette
    I had an odd experience. I took 2 pistols to the show looking for different sights. 5 steps from the table where the police put an orange tie wrap on them a guy asked me what king of guns I had. When I told him, he said he would buy one of them. I told him not for sale and walked away. About an hour later, same guy came up to me and said, "Didn't I buy a gun from you? I never forget a face." I got rid of him once and for all.

Has anyone else had that kind of thing happen?

treken

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2012
    Yikes. I had a good time at the show, but I can believe that there are people that would steal if given the opportunity.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    That show was fun at one time but the crowds are just too large for me now. Too much bumping and grinding. Easy for a thief to pick a pocket or pick up your brand new powder scale. I have some friends that have booths at all of the shows and they could and would get me a pass and I could hang at the booth's but no thanks. Way to many of the "Did I buy a gun from you" guys for my tender sensibility's.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    That show was fun at one time but the crowds are just too large for me now. Too much bumping and grinding. Easy for a thief to pick a pocket or pick up your brand new powder scale. I have some friends that have booths at all of the shows and they could and would get me a pass and I could hang at the booth's but no thanks. Way to many of the "Did I buy a gun from you" guys for my tender sensibility's.

Sleazebaggano.jpg

You don't want to buy a gun from me. You want to go home and rethink your life!

Top Bottom