• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jaybird_123

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Just around the corner.
    Hope I didnt screw up. My retirement gift from me to me was.............a Taurus Judge , the blued 3" barrel and 3" cylinder mag. Will be a while before I get to the range. Does anyone out there have one? Was it worth saving up for? :hooked:I always wanted one.

gotojuston

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2010
    Downstairs, behind the axe
    Hope I didnt screw up. My retirement gift from me to me was.............a Taurus Judge , the blued 3" barrel and 3" cylinder mag. Will be a while before I get to the range. Does anyone out there have one? Was it worth saving up for? :hooked:I always wanted one.
    I've had one for a while - 2.5in ch / 4 in barrel. I like mine quite a bit. They were marked up initially, but prices seem to have stabilized so you hopefully got your money's worth. It feels good in my hands and hope it treats you well. Congrats on the new gun and retirement!

marcweid

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 29, 2012
    Avon, IN
    I have had mine for about 8 months and love it the factory grip was a little small for me. I did change the grip out with a larger one (I think they were made for a tracker). They don't actually make one for the Judge but I watched a video on you tube about it. Got the larger grip and the screw from Lowes and now it is perfect.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Got a 2 1/2"

We like the 2 1/2" model but the 3" will give you a lot more ammo options. My wife carries it for snake encounters in South Dakota.

Ditto on the clay pigeons fun. I use dove-size clays. Toss 'em with one hand, shoot 'em with the other. Limited range, though. Don't throw 'em to far! :D

More importantly, congratulations on your retirement!

bigkahunasix

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    SW Indiana
    Remember, you asked.

The "Judge" is the single most useless piece of crap foisted on the gun buying public in 50 years.

Yes, it does several things but does none of them well. it's accuracy is mediocre at best with .45 Colt loads due to the large "jump" in the cylinder to the forcing cone/barrel. And .410 loads are miserable performers on just about everything, couple that with the ridiculously expensive gimmick ammo produced just for this abortion and it is a "lose-lose" proposition.

Before you ask, yes, I have fired them- extensively. They are a waste of money, suitable for a tacklebox gun only....at best. And don't give me the fanboy arguments of miraculous stopping power or scaring the badguy buy merely drawing it like Excaliber...it's all BS.

A firearms usefullness begins and ends with accuracy and the ability to project power via that accuracy.

If you want a large bore revolver with some usefullness.....sell the judge, save some more cash up and buy a S&W 24,25,29 or a Taurus big bore, something with some utility...self defense use, hunting, competition, plinking.

Because the judge ain't it.

slategrey

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 7, 2012
    Catch some fish for us while your at it. the judge in awesome for home defense easily controlled by about anyone with alittle practice not easily used for ccw

JAFO

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 16, 2012
    Well, I love mine! Goes to the woods with me everytime. Not sure why some don't like theirs, but I can't say enough good things about it. Ton's of fun with old produce!!

jaybird_123

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Just around the corner.
    Ok, I feel better about choosing it. :) Ya, its big and bulky but it just feels good in my hands, and well I just like it. Thanks for all the congrats on the retirement also. Now if I can just get all the "honey do" chores done, I can spend more time with my meager gun collection and shooting them. Thank you all. Oh and to "bigkahunasix", thank you also, for answering honestly.

45acp223

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    SE IN.
    Congrats on your retirement, you are going to love it. I just retired this past May and I'm lovin' it, I don't know where the day goes! I just bought myself a bolt action rifle, and tomorrow I'm hoping to pick up a Glock 30 for my belated retirement presents to myself. :D Shoot what you enjoy, and don't pay attention to the "haters" out there, they are just jealous of your retirement!

bigkahunasix

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    SW Indiana
    Congrats on your retirement, you are going to love it. I just retired this past May and I'm lovin' it, I don't know where the day goes! I just bought myself a bolt action rifle, and tomorrow I'm hoping to pick up a Glock 30 for my belated retirement presents to myself. :D Shoot what you enjoy, and don't pay attention to the "haters" out there, they are just jealous of your retirement!

Sorry about your luck, been retired since '06. And, not a "hater" just a realist. If he wants a useless toy, he can have it. More power to the uninformed.

Top Bottom