• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    Well, I have my son-in-law covered for Christmas. This is a Remington Model Four, not "4". They we made in the '80's and I found this one covered in rust. It took a little effort but the outcome is a very affordable semi-auto .30-06.
    It had a Redfield scope on it but I changed to a Sig 3x9x40 that my LGS has on hand from the last Shot Show. The fiberoptic sights are actually easily visible from under the scope.
    The furniture has some dings but nothing horrible and the 'wood looks marvelous'.
    It takes the same magazines as the 740, 742 et all and I have previously given him two other Remington's that use the same mag so he is in business.
    This is the first time I have come across the Model Four, in fact I had never heard of them, so I had to get one, right?
    1725905427949.jpeg

model1994

quick draw mcgraw
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 17, 2022
    glacial boundary
    Nice find. iirc the Four is the fancy semi auto, Model Six is the fancy pump action. if you’re into those Remingtons they seem to be the premium version & one to have.

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    When I got it even the scope rings had rust. Counting the new Sig scope I am into it for just under $500 and all I need is a mag and it is busting Bambi.
    I love getting the cosmetically challenged and bringing them back. Sorry I don't have any before pics, everything that is metal had rust, even the end cap on the front of the forearm.

Top Bottom