• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I like wolves. They're beautiful, fascinating and impressive predators and I believe they play an integral role in the ecosystems where there is space for them to exist naturally. I'm also glad Indiana is not one of those places.

Cavman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    They're definitely making way more south. Ny brother in law and sister live in South western Wisconsin in the farm country. He got a picture of a wolf and bear this year

Bleachey

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2019
    Petersburg
    Wow. I have had yotes talking close by on the way to my deer stand in the morning, and while I wouldn't say I was scared, it definitely makes you be very alert. Can't imagine wolves. Pretty sure I can hold my own against coyotes, but a pack of wolves might be a little different.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    We had one evening out in Fountain Co several years ago where there were so many fired up that I don't think I would have gotten out of the stand if we'd been in the middle of all of the packs screaming. I've never heard anything like it and that's the only time I've ever been concerned about coyotes.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    My old fishing buddy recounts when they tried to introduce elk into the Brown County State Park in the 50s.

Said it was pretty neat for a year or two, until the elk figured out there were fields of crops surrounding the park for them to decimate.

The elk strangely disappeared.

:n00b:

model1994

quick draw mcgraw
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 17, 2022
    glacial boundary
    wolves, bears, elk, woodland bison, various small game & birds… I wish we had them all still. But with like 97% private land (primarily industry and agriculture, too) I can’t see many species we don’t want lasting long here

Last edited:

Bleachey

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2019
    Petersburg
    wolves, bears, elk, woodland bison, various small game & birds… I wish we had them all still. But with like 97% private land (primarily industry and agriculture, too) I can’t see many species we don’t want lasting long here
    Quail are slowly making a comeback in Southern Indiana. Yotes are getting bad, and I have actually seen bobcats fairly close to houses when it used to only be a deep woods.

Top Bottom