• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ragnar

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    West side of Indy
    I was wondering if their's some place closer to indianapolis you guys know of where I can shoot my rifles (7.62x54r & 7.62x39). I get up to eagle creek a lot to shoot my 22lr rifle and my hand guns, but I have to drag my butt all the way down to atterbury to fire my big fella's. Let me know. Thanks

-Brandon

karlsgunbunker

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2008
    Danville Conservation Club

This is where I shoot. $85 the first year and $60 after that.
    I joined by mail, I've never been to a meeting, keep meaning to.
    Descent range, covered firing line.
    Rifles, Pistols, and shotguns ok. Only .50 BMG is not allowed.

ragnar

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    West side of Indy
    hey karl

I just found that places web site 2 min. before I came back here. Looks like i'll be signing up. This is brandon by the way. 85 bucks first year and 60 after that sounds like a deal to me.

Barry in IN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2008
    I joined that club in April.
    The range itself is nothing fancy, but does the job and the facility as a whole is very nice.

They are pretty firm on their "minimum of three seconds between shots" rule, so I thought you should be aware of that in case it's important to you. It limits a lot of things that I do, but I just don't do those things there.

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    They are pretty firm on their "minimum of three seconds between shots" rule, so I thought you should be aware of that in case it's important to you. It limits a lot of things that I do, but I just don't do those things there.

How in the world can you practice for self defense with a pistol at one shot per 3 seconds? Back when I was carrying regularly and really practicing on the range, I had drawn and double tapped into the target in 3 seconds. I was either doing an additional double tap to the body or slower aimed shot to the head within another 2. I can understand not making the place sound like a war zone, but it would seem really limiting, for real life defense practice.

Barry in IN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2008
    How in the world can you practice for self defense with a pistol at one shot per 3 seconds?...it would seem really limiting, for real life defense practice.

It is limiting.
    I'd hate if it was all I had.
    But I can slip back into our woods behind the house and practice that. I am, however, limted to about 15 yards of distance from the creek bank backstop to where trees get in the way.
    So I combine the two places.
    Between having that space in the woods to practice defensive shooting at 15 yards and under, and having the club range to shoot at longer distances or to test loads from the bench, I get by. It's not ideal, but I've been in worse situations.

karlsgunbunker

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2008
    The restriction is ther due to the Encroaching housing developments.
    They are just trying to be good neighbors.

ragnar

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    West side of Indy
    RE: 3 second rule

I read about that on their rules list. To be honest what that says to me, is they're strict on their rules, which is another reason I want out of atterbury. I've seen way too many instances of people screwing around their, and I would rather have to pause between shots instead of worrying about being injured by richoche's. If I'm practicing for self-defense, I'll run up to eagle creek, they're only about 10 min. from my house, and I get along well with those guys. Oh how I wish I could use my rifles their, but, I can't.

ryanmercer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    I joined that club in April.
    The range itself is nothing fancy, but does the job and the facility as a whole is very nice.

Yeah see thats what I don't like... if I want to dump a mag from a pistol... I want to be able to..

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    We should all find someone who owns some land in BFE without alot of neighbors where we can all go to practice whenever, however we wish. Charge a membership or by the hour, simple rules, qualified employees and trainees, etc. I plan on eventually owning a range of my own somewhere so I'd like to hear some thoughts on this...

ryanmercer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    We should all find someone who owns some land in BFE without alot of neighbors where we can all go to practice whenever, however we wish. Charge a membership or by the hour, simple rules, qualified employees and trainees, etc. I plan on eventually owning a range of my own somewhere so I'd like to hear some thoughts on this...

I started a thread along these lines a few weeks ago. :)

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI

The guys in the VA forum on ARFCOM have done just that and it is working well. My Bro joined as a charter memeber and is quite pleased, but it is work.

Mr. Mysterious

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    I joined the Elwood Conservation Club a week or two ago. It's $55 for the year and you don't have to go to meetings.

Elwood is about 25-30 miles north of Fishers.

Top Bottom