• ...and so much more!
  • defender14

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2011
    Fishers
    A Personal and Professional Triumph of Mine - Android

I generally don't post much that makes me personally identifiable, but I am gonna break that right now.

I just wanted to share a personal triumph of mine. I run a one man software company snctlnSoftware that publishes Android apps. Today one of the apps I sell has been chosen to be the free app of the day on the [ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004QOP62S"]Amazon Appstore for Android[/ame]

So if you are an Android user go check it out, it is normally $1.99 and today it is free

Last edited:

defender14

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2011
    Fishers
    Thanks everyone for the kind words, the mobile apps business is something I do in my spare time since i have full time job and the mobile app business can't pay the bills. So this was a big deal to me to be recognized by a company as large as Amazon

congratulations, I have been wondering how I would go about having an app made if I were to have a good idea for one...any suggestions?

As far as making an app, you could try and learn it yourself, but that isn't always an easy process. I have a degree in Computer Science and I am a full time Android/iPhone programmer so it is just something I like to do in my spare time. Otherwise you need to find someone to make it for you, you could always try posting a request on a site like rent a coder and see if anyone is willing to help

Noland

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    Elkhart Co.
    I check the freebie every morning to see if it is something that I want. I only grab about 1 out of every 10 because most do not interest me. But this morning I did install this one only to find out a few hours later that it was written by an INGO member. How cool. :yesway:

Congrats. :)

defender14

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2011
    Fishers
    How do you make money if its free?...congrats though!!!

Thanks!

Generally I make money off of free apps by giving them less features than paid apps to encourage users to actually buy the full featured app, also I run ads on the free apps that generate some revenue.

The app mentioned in the OP is actually the full featured paid version with no limitations or ads. Amazon makes an agreement with developers before listing their app for free. I can't really talk about the terms of the agreement, but just the publicity from being featured for 1 day is huge and should drive future sales/revenue.

defender14

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2011
    Fishers
    I did install this one only to find out a few hours later that it was written by an INGO member. How cool. :yesway:

I actually wrote the app while I was living in Plano, Texas nearly 3 years ago, I grew up in Indy and have been back in the area for almost 2 years.

You are correct though I have been an ingo member for maybe 9 months and I am very happy to have found ingo, it is a great resource!

defender14

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2011
    Fishers
    Congrats.

Amazon App Store: Rotten To The Core | Shifty Jelly’s blog of mystery That was a surprising read for me a couple months ago. I had wondered what the motivation was for the software developer. Would be interested if your experiences are different.

Hmm, I know many developers were not very happy with the Amazon Appstore, I personally haven't had any problems with it yet. All I can say is the agreement that I accepted is different than the one they were offered.

I will post back if I have any issues

Top Bottom