• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    I just finished the camo job on my daughter's Marlin XT-22Y. Although these Marlins are perfect little rifles for smaller bodies, they really have no style to them.

The camo pattern consists of four different shades of Krylon Fusion blue paint, plus camo black and a clear matte finish. The camo is further enhanced with a stylish black speckle of the entire stock, and the pre-formed grip areas maintain their original black color. The colors are a bit darker in person, and the finish is less glossy than the pictures appear with the camera's flash.

The scope is a Bushnell 3-9x40 that I had laying around, but it fits the rifle very well. The sling is from Blackhawk and used to ride on a shotgun.

My daughter saw the finished rifle late last night and she absolutely loved it. If you are wondering why I went with a blue camo pattern instead of more earthy tones, well you would have to ask my daughter... She wanted blue, and that was that.

I would also point out that this little Marlin is an accurate little stick in its own right. On our last trip to the outdoor range, my daughter was hitting every little thing she called. Everyone who was watching was stunned as she walked a golfball from the 25-yard line past the 50-yard line on 4 consecutive shots... Not too bad for a sub $200 plinking rifle.

Enjoy..

bluecamomarlinxtright.jpg

bluecamomarlinxtleft.jpg

My daughter with her Pre-camo Marlin:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDgSkZJkH0k

Last edited:

TaunTaun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Looks awesome. I'm gonna have to do that for my daughter here in a year or two.

doglb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   1
    Jul 13, 2009
    Ft. Wayne, IN
    Okay one...I have four boys, no daughters...:(
    Two...I love the great paint job...:D
    and Three she is a lefty...:rockwoot:

overall...its plain awesome! :thumbsup:

blurr95

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 10, 2011
    Wow, that looks really great. I like the colors. Your girl is quite the little shooter.

Jason

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    My daughter saw the finished rifle late last night and she absolutely loved it. If you are wondering why I went with a blue camo pattern instead of more earthy tones, well you would have to ask my daughter... She wanted blue, and that was that.

Well done, sir. We wish you had a video of her reaction to seeing it, as well. :D

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    That is a great example of Camo. Perfect for the young ladies. I presented the Granddaughter with a .22 cricket for Xmas. Could not find it in pink but did get the wood shade near camo look. Her mom likes it so its good. Thinking about what you did. Very nice.

Top Bottom