• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    I am looking for a new friend. Someone who has a place where long guns can be shot without a bunch of folks getting their panties in a wad. I live in Evansville. If anyone wants to be my new friend drop me a message.

Alan

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    I intend no offense Alan, but what do you have to offer your new friend?

Why should someone allow you to shoot on their land? I'm not trying to be rude or a smartass here, it's something to think about. I have 150 acres of land and a really nice range setup and I am very selective of who I allow to shoot on my land. What do you have to offer as friendship? Friendships are 2 way things and you may have a hard time finding what you seek unless you're prepared to give as well as take.

coda80

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2010
    i am looking for a new friend. someone with lots of money. i am in northern Indiana. if you would like to be my new friend let me know.

just being a smart a$$. but on a serious note, i struggle with this exact problem and for good reason. LIABILITY!!!! i do have a few friends that i shoot with but i would not let anyone near my shooting range because there are a lot of boneheads out there and i dont want to catch a moron bullet.

ironjaw

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Indy Northeast
    Alan, hey if you know where Lynnville is, (exit 39 off I-64) I can direct you to where i use to shoot all the time. drive out there and set up your own targets and shoot. noone to bother you and theres about 50 to 60 lakes back in there too if you want to do some fishing and make a whole day off it. just make sure you have a good 4X4. PM me if interested!

XDinmyXJ

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    Columbus, IN
    Alan, hey if you know where Lynnville is, (exit 39 off I-64) I can direct you to where i use to shoot all the time. drive out there and set up your own targets and shoot. noone to bother you and theres about 50 to 60 lakes back in there too if you want to do some fishing and make a whole day off it. just make sure you have a good 4X4. PM me if interested!

Interlake?

EvilleDoug

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Evansville
    Hey Alan,

I don't own the area where I shoot, but I have taken my long guns and hand guns there and no one has ever said anything. I've even had the Sheriff drive by and he said nothing. It has a nice back stop too. The only issue I have ever has is the mud. Sometimes it gets pretty sloppy. Also, the distance from the target to the firing position is right at 7-8 yards. I have also found a spot on the same access that has a set up for 100 yard + shots.

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    If you like Pina Coladas, and getting caught in the rain.
    If you're not into yoga, if you have half-a-brain.
    If you like making love at midnight, in the dunes of the cape.
    If you have lot of land, I can shoot on and go to escape.

:D :D :D

6birds

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    Fishers
    If you like Pina Coladas, and getting caught in the rain.

If you're not into yoga, if you have half-a-brain.
    If you like making love at midnight, in the dunes of the cape.
    If you have lot of land, I can shoot on and go to escape.

:D :D :D

You! Turn in your man-card, and go sit it the corner!! :noway:

sam1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    I have a couple guys that I let hunt on my land when I'm not. they post the farm,help mend the fences ,send me thank you notes and are as protective of the hunting grounds as me .God help another hunter if they catch one there.

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    Question on posting land

I haven't hunted in forty years but way back when the rule was if farmers and other landowners didn't want anyone hunting on their land they put up "Posted, No Tresspassing" signs on the fence posts and trees around their property and most hunters respected them and kept off the guys land. The unwritten rule was if the land wasn't posted the land owner didn't mind people hunting on his property as long as you were a safe person and respected his property.

I don't do a lot of out in the country driving anymore so haven't noticed if this it still the procedure? I know there is a new "ME" generation out there; many whom don't seem to respect the right of others like the generation I was brought up in.

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    I for one know a lot of great people here. I think the OP is not unreasonable to ask some of his INGO buddies if they have a place he can shoot. I could easily pick out 10 INGO members I'd let shoot on my land.

Last edited:

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    I for one know a lot of great people here. I think the O Pis not unreasonable to ask some of his INGO buddies if they have a place he can shoot. I could easily pick out 10 INGO members I'd let shoot on my land.

Sure, but the OP is pretty new here and it takes some time to become known to the extent like you are talking about. One way to quickly make those types of friends is to be willing to step up and help out.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    The last few posters nailed it. Had to ask just to get the ball rolling. I obviously wouldnt expect anyone to let me on their property until they got to know me and made sure I was bringing the steak and drinks. Open offer of steak dinner and drinks at my house for those willing to offer a place to shoot. Who knows I might even know someone here already and just havent realized it yet.

Alan

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    I am looking for a new friend. Someone who has a place where long guns can be shot without a bunch of folks getting their panties in a wad. I live in Evansville. If anyone wants to be my new friend drop me a message.

Alan

ROTFL, I'm looking for a new friend too. Some one with a bulldozer, back hoe and a bass boat.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Hey Alan,

I don't own the area where I shoot, but I have taken my long guns and hand guns there and no one has ever said anything. I've even had the Sheriff drive by and he said nothing. It has a nice back stop too. The only issue I have ever has is the mud. Sometimes it gets pretty sloppy. Also, the distance from the target to the firing position is right at 7-8 yards. I have also found a spot on the same access that has a set up for 100 yard + shots.

So does that mean you have permission or you are tresspassing?

Top Bottom