• ...and so much more!
  • AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    136   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    A friend of mines dad decided to paint this Taurus himself. Not sure what he used but it didn't last :)
    So I cleaned it up for him.

Before:
    DSC02858.jpg

DSC02859.jpg

DSC02860.jpg

AFTER :

DSC02867.jpg

DSC02865.jpg

:)

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Great work as usual Allen! Was my Bob Tail Commander the 1st green/black you did? I like it the best so far. Do you think that paint would work on an old Colt 3x AR scope? I'm building a retro AR and the scope finish has seen better days.

AllenM

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    136   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    Great work as usual Allen! Was my Bob Tail Commander the 1st green/black you did? I like it the best so far. Do you think that paint would work on an old Colt 3x AR scope? I'm building a retro AR and the scope finish has seen better days.

Thanks Mark,
    That exact same paint would not work on your scope, because you have to bake it. But they make an air dry that would.

Sorry yours wasn't first but maybe second :) Plus this one was light green, a little different from yours. I wasn't sure I would like it as well but I do.

AllenM

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    136   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    cerakote? Nice job btw!

Thanks but no this was KG Gunkote. Everybody keeps asking about cerakote and I have some coming this week to use on another one I am doing. I'll see if I switch or just start using both depending on the persons budget and gun.

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    Thanks but no this was KG Gunkote. Everybody keeps asking about cerakote and I have some coming this week to use on another one I am doing. I'll see if I switch or just start using both depending on the persons budget and gun.

Cool.... I'm thinking about trying some Cerakote myself. I'm not familiar with KG Gunkote, but it looks nice. I'll have to research some! Let us know what you think about the Cerakote when you get a chance to use it please. I'd love to read a brief comparison of the two about quality, difficulty etc...

:yesway:

cj7jeep81

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2011
    moly resin is really nice stuff also. has a lot flatter finish, but i've found it to be super durable.

Dwight

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 24, 2011
    Sheridan
    Great work. Gun looks awesome.

Just FYI - I did a Gunkote on my M&P. The baked on finish is really good and super durable. Used it on my slide. Love it.

The air dry that you mentioned for the scope - peeled off my plastic parts in less than 2 weeks. Definitely not worth the money or effort.

AllenM

Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    136   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    Great work. Gun looks awesome.

Just FYI - I did a Gunkote on my M&P. The baked on finish is really good and super durable. Used it on my slide. Love it.

The air dry that you mentioned for the scope - peeled off my plastic parts in less than 2 weeks. Definitely not worth the money or effort.

I haven't fooled with the air dry yet. But I know if you bake MOE hand gaurds they warp :)

Top Bottom