• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • geolemer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 1, 2011
    I recently purchased a Mac 10 submachinegun and would like to compile a list of upper receivers. This is my first NFA item and I am going with the trust route To avoid Complications with my 18-year-old brother. I would like to buy as many Different uppers as possible. I was also wondering if a semi automatic upper will work on a fully automatic lower receiver. PS I am having them put me on the list for Lage upper receiver I just haven't decided if I should go with the .45 ACP or 9mm first.

t1545jh

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Kokomo
    Congratulations on your new mac! I am waiting on my M11/9 to transfer and have also been purchasing some different uppers. I have a Lage max 11 already and I am on the list for a Max 31. Lage products are top notch. The quality and fit and finish are superb!

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Alliance Armaments makes the AMP-10 upper, which I have. It is an extended length upper that adds a forward mag well and 9mm barrel that lets you use Soumi mags and drums in it (which is a real hoot to fire, dumping 72 rounds of 9mm down range on a heavier platform and a slower rate of fire, so it is completely controllable).

I don't think they are as refined as the Lage uppers, but since Lage doesn't do a whole lot for the MAC-10s other than making stock caliber competition uppers, it's about the only game in town if you have 10/45.

If you can find them, Practical Solutions was making a .22 upper that used a mag well insert to take customized 25 round magazines. Practical Solutions stopped operating earlier this year and it isn't clear when or if they will come back, so any upper you will find will be second hand. I've heard they require fitting to your particular lower, so buyer beware on that.

US Machinegun sells a bunch of uppers for the MAC-10, though they seem to be eternally out of stock of all them.

Top Bottom