• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Indian-noplace
    I found this on the other site that I frequent...

Supramania.com member blkt72 said:
    Today I was shopping for a new head unit (car stereo) to give my wife for Mother's Day. I found the perfect unit at your Fairfield Commons location in Beavercreek, Ohio. When I attempted to purchase it, I was told that it was out of stock but two options were available to me:

1. Special order (would arrive 2 days late for Mother's day)
    2. Travel to the Dayton Mall location where 2 units were in stock.

I chose option #2 and told your friendly and helpful associate (I'm sorry, I forgot her name, she represented your organization VERY well) that I would go to the Dayton Mall location and make my purchase there.

On the way out of the Beavercreek location I noticed an obscure sign that was blocked by other advertising that indicated that Circuit City was off limits for permitted Concealed Carry holders. Two things came to mind when I saw this:

1. The sign is not "CONSPICULOUSLY" posted as the law requires. Thankfully I did not violate the law as I was not carrying at the time but the poor placement of the sign could have caused me to unknowingly violate Ohio's concealed carry law.
    2. Circuit City places NO value on my business. I found that shocking considering the fact that to be awarded a permit I had to undergo 2 days of very specialized training, undergo a very extensive criminal and mental health background check and be approved by the county sherriff.

Since Circuit City did not care to accept my money, I was happy to go to the Best Buy also located at the Dayton Mall. They had the same model, at the same price, in stock and no sign indicating that they did not wish my business. They got my $200 and you did not. I would encourage you to review your policy regarding legally permitted citizens carrying concealed weapons on your premises. I (and many others) will be legally excluded from being patrons of your store while that sign is posted.

I will not violate the law in order to give you my money when Best Buy carries largely the same products at the same prices and does not ask me to give up a Constitutional right in order to shop at their store.

I thank you for your consideration of this issue.

Best Regards,
    Nick Holden

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    The Circuit City near me is like a ghost town compared to the Best Buy across the street. It's not a big surprise they are in trouble.

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    Not long ago Circuit City fired most or all of its salespeople and hired new lower paid employees. Not only did they lose lots of experience they quickly lost sales. The Circuit City in Muncie has been closed for a good while and it's too bad for all involved. Some companies don't get that sometimes by trying to cut cost they also cut thier own throats.

Yamaha

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Summitville,IN
    Not long ago Circuit City fired most or all of its salespeople and hired new lower paid employees. Not only did they lose lots of experience they quickly lost sales. The Circuit City in Muncie has been closed for a good while and it's too bad for all involved. Some companies don't get that sometimes by trying to cut cost they also cut thier own throats.

you from muncie???

but I completely agree

karlsgunbunker

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2008
    Good Letter, hit them where it counts, in the Cash Register.

You should have mentioned you were going to post about your experience on-line.
    I once read that a customer will tell 2-5 people about a positive experience. The same customer will tell 10-15 people about a negative experience.

Top Bottom