• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • theturtle06

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Denver, CO
    Not sure how many other "beer geeks" are out there but just a heads up to those that are. Bell's Hopslam is back in season and it is outstanding if you are into hoppy IPAs. It's pricey and I can't condone drinking (especially one of these) if you have to drive - they're 14-15% ABV, so roughly "3 beers" in one :):

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    I love beer but I could never get into IPAs. It tastes too much like drinking Jasmine or flowers or something. Yes, I understand that hops are essentially flowers. However, I can appreciate your beer geekiness. Long live beer snobbery!

theturtle06

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Denver, CO
    Upland has some pretty good beer, but I like Three Floyd's offerings a lot more. They're in Muenster, and brew an extremely delicious beer. In my eyes word class beer in fact...Alpha King is pretty much a staple in my fridge.

theturtle06

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Denver, CO

The main brewery in Bloomington does indeed have a restaurant attached. There is an Upland store in Broad Ripple where you can buy their beer but I haven't been there yet. They say they have "snacks" on their website there, so I get the idea it's just a place to buy beer.

45-70

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2008
    Cale
    Thanks for the heads up! I thought I had tried all of the Bell's but this is a new one on me. I'll give it a try (provided I can find it) this weekend. If you really like hoppy IPA's try the Dogfish Head 120 Minute IPA, 20% ABV
    Link .

:cheers:

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Not sure how many other "beer geeks" are out there but just a heads up to those that are. Bell's Hopslam is back in season and it is outstanding if you are into hoppy IPAs. It's pricey and I can't condone drinking (especially one of these) if you have to drive - they're 14-15% ABV, so roughly "3 beers" in one :):

Fellow beer geek here...Thanks for the heads up, but Bazooka already knew it was in season.:D

What beer is that in your av? The number is blurry...It looks like the 120 minute, but the label looks too yellow???

theturtle06

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Denver, CO
    Thanks for the heads up! I thought I had tried all of the Bell's but this is a new one on me. I'll give it a try (provided I can find it) this weekend. If you really like hoppy IPA's try the Dogfish Head 120 Minute IPA, 20% ABV
    Link .

:cheers:

Guess you didn't notice my avatar :p

If you are in Hamilton County and can't find it, there are a BUNCH of places in Indy that sell it. Khan's (54th and Keystone) I know 100% sells them and I am sure there are other places closer to Hamilton County that sell it.

Fellow beer geek here...Thanks for the heads up, but Bazooka already knew it was in season.:D

What beer is that in your av? The number is blurry...It looks like the 120 minute, but the label looks too yellow???

It is in fact 120 Minute...hands down my favorite beer, if you can even call it a beer. Maybe super-duper nectar of the heavens? I only save it for special occasions anymore. I have a bottle in my basement that I am going to let sit for another 6 months and then crack it open. I anticipate it being extraordinarily extraordinary :D

ARdysfunction

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2009
    Indy West Side
    mmmmm... Beer

It's Friday, so that means $5 growler fills at Sunking in downtown Indy. If you haven't checked them out yet, It's worth a stop in. I enjoy serveral of the beers they have been brewing. They are still pretty new to the secen so thier tasting room kind of unimpresive. But hey I go for the cheap Beer. :)

Naptown

Master
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    I was a loyal follower of the RAM brewery until about a month ago. I would stip EVERY friday loyally for the 1/2 price growler refill. Health concerns have unfortunately led me to a beerless voyage. I have GOUT and beer is extremely bad for the cause. I seriously don't know what I'm going to do. This is day 8 without a beer or even a drink for that matter. I don't want to quit, but as bad as my foot has felt, it may be worth it.

a5-50

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    I was a loyal follower of the RAM brewery until about a month ago. I would stip EVERY friday loyally for the 1/2 price growler refill. Health concerns have unfortunately led me to a beerless voyage. I have GOUT and beer is extremely bad for the cause. I seriously don't know what I'm going to do. This is day 8 without a beer or even a drink for that matter. I don't want to quit, but as bad as my foot has felt, it may be worth it.

I have gout as well. It feels like someone hit your foot with an axe The nice thing is it comes and goes. You may go a year with out a flare up. You can drink a little during those times. I do anyway. Not much maybe a 6 pack here or there. I am sure there are some beers that will affect it less than others. You will be able to tell when it is coming back. So you will know when to slow down. Make sure you have the anti-inflammatory close. For me at least it is not the end of the world like I thought it was going to be. The thought of giving up red meat & beer was depressing.

Top Bottom