• ...and so much more!
  • shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    Nothing specific here, but I wanted to share with folks who understand :D

Earlier I got the printer I'd bought for my Chrony set up and ran some rounds through it. my 180 gr .40 reloads out of my PPS were running about 840fps and the same loads out of the LWD .40 barrel in my G20 were running about 930fps. I had fun playing with the statistics and learning to use the printer's features. Then I reloaded the 13 rounds I'd shot since I can turn around from the shooting bench to the reloading bench.

This evening before dark I got one of the .50bmgs out and realized that since the last time I'd shot prone atop my shooting shack the leaves had bowed limbs out over my sightline to the target so I had to do a little pruning. Then I did a 3 shot 100 yard 1.3" group. I know that's not a good statistical sample for group size, but considering I'm shooting Winchester ball ammo I was pretty pleased since those groups tend to be more like 2-2.5". It just felt right shooting the biggun this evening. I'd have shot more but I had to get back inside the shop to finished up. Tomorrow if the rain holds off I'm going to get the Rem 700s out and give each of them a run.

So, in all, a good gun day.

MoparMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Anyday shooting is a good day. Nice to see you know your weaponcraft. Gotta love those .50's.:rockwoot:

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    The bigger hammers are addicting :) I love the trigger on my Griz, I can't anticipate it at all.

I shoot almost every day, but some days are much better than others!

I don't claim the be an expert on weapons by any stretch, but I try to learn all I can and apply that knowledge. Now I have to get cracking and get the 300 yard range cut through the woods.

mpholic

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 16, 2008
    I've always wanted to own a chronograph. No real need just something to play with and learn a little more about my reloads.

I saw a guy shoot a hole through his and it has always made me a little apprehensive although i realize how unlikely that really is.

I'll get one one someday. Money always seems to go to guns or reloading supplies (which seem to get more expensive all the time).

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    I've always wanted to own a chronograph. No real need just something to play with and learn a little more about my reloads.

I saw a guy shoot a hole through his and it has always made me a little apprehensive although i realize how unlikely that really is.

I'll get one one someday. Money always seems to go to guns or reloading supplies (which seem to get more expensive all the time).

I've always had a Chrony. You don't HAVE to have one to reload, but the amount of information it gives is invaluable. The printer/computer that will print out the stats is just gravy :D

If all I was doing was pistol loads I'd probably never have owned one, but knowing velocity and variations thereof is invaluable when it comes to long distance rifle shooting. The scientist in me likes collecting data.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Trencher
    Top Bottom