• ...and so much more!
  • Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    ... happened last night.

An old friend hits me up on Facebook, says he's looking to sign up for a CCW class in his state. Wants to know good options for a carry gun, would like to spend about $500, and needs something that will fit his big meaty paws.

The answer was pretty easy. :cool:

I also mentioned, in an attempt to appear unbiased, that Smith & Wesson and Springfield made Glock-alikes, and if he really felt like wasting some time he could play with those too. :D

Glockowner

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 6, 2013
    Princeton
    You are a very good friend, and gave your buddy some sound advice.

Nothing wrong with the XD, I carried one as a duty weapon for four years. The XD doesn't do anything the Glock didn't already do flawlessly.

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    I have and do sometimes carry other guns, but I always come back to my Glocks eventually. Not to say that its perfect for everyone, but I know that it's perfect for me, so I tend to recommend it to most people. So far, 2 out of the 3 people that I really got into firearms and carrying started out in other places, and both wound up with a G19...and the third is looking to do so when financially able. It's a platform that does a lot of things right.

Joe K

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 18, 2012
    Anderson, IN
    I totally agree I have shot/owned numerous handguns over the years and have traded off a few Glocks but I keep coming back to them I currently have a 26 a 30sf and a Gen 4 19 coming out of layaway real soon, Glock is the only manufacturer that I have a flawless record with and by that I mean I buy it take it to the range and it runs right out of the box 100%

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    Love my 19 I think about a newer one sometimes (I have a first gen) but eventually the feeling fades.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    I always point folks to Glock/M&P/XDm first. Have them pick up each and see which they think fits their hands the best. Everyone is different.

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    I can't believe you guided your "friend" to a ticking time bomb that will blow up in his hand.

Quiet you. The adults are talking.

Don't be a hater.

haters.jpg

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    One difference worth mentioning - the M&P can be ordered with a thumb safety. Some people get used to a thumb safety and just have to have it. Some people feel safer with a thumb safety. It's really not a big deal to hit the thumb safety before pressing through the front sight. ;)

Top Bottom