• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ruger7722

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 1, 2008
    indy
    a buddy who is military police just returned from iraq says loads of soldiers are filing for disability from x box 360.post traumatic syndrome.what a world.getting it too

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    I don't understand what you are saying I guess. I play more Xbox than anybody on here probably and I don't get post traumatic anything from it...

maybe I just read your post wrong.

ruger7722

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 1, 2008
    indy
    seeing people killed on x box,it was a national guard m&p that told me today.may not be true but he gets whats called 0 % disibility from it.some way he gets insurance and 12.37 an hour for me training him in the union.so he makes 30.00 hour total.started this kind of work a couple weeks ago.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    This is worse than a Indianapolis Star report. :) More details are needed for anybody to figure this out. :dunno:

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    So after returning from Iraq or wherever, if he sees people getting shot on Xbox, it messes with his head? I mean I kind of get that, so play Viva Pinata or something.

ruger7722

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 1, 2008
    indy
    i dont know anymore than they get disibility and get to come home.he said all they do over there is make deisel fuel bombs and play x box.not trying to fool anyone.seems kinda wild to me,but its what the guy said and the union ba came out and told me he has extra benefits from the disibility.he is only 22 and says its working for a bunch of guys.take it w/ a grain of salt or??

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    i dont know anymore than they get disibility and get to come home.he said all they do over there is make deisel fuel bombs and play x box.not trying to fool anyone.seems kinda wild to me,but its what the guy said and the union ba came out and told me he has extra benefits from the disibility.he is only 22 and says its working for a bunch of guys.take it w/ a grain of salt or??

No hit on you, but it's kink of hard for me to take with a grain of salt when I was denied for all disability, after my arm was almost ripped off. It would be nice to be able to know what this is all about, though.

abrumlev

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    NE Indy
    OH! So you're saying that playing a first person shooter like Call of Duty or Bad Company brings back thoughts of seeing real life deaths in war. Hrmm...ever thought about not playing the da$% game!!!

Last edited:

oldbikelvr

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 1, 2010
    Bloomington, IN
    If I could help out a bit, he probably gets the extra money as part of a registered training program through the GI Bill, or other military benefit, the same as getting paid to go to college. 0% disability means that there were injuries that took place during service, but they are not bad enough at time of the rating to receive a pension from the VA. For a 0% rating, you get VA care for that injury and the possibility of getting a higher rating if the old injury gets worse. That is about the extent of the extra benefits that a 0% rating will give you, most benefits kick in at a level of 10% (compensable) disability. Check out the Veteran's Affairs thread in The Break Room, I believe that a lot of this info is there.

ihateiraq

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Upinya
    if i deciphered this correctly, id say your friend is either giving you bits and pieces of the story, or youre misinterpreting what hes telling you. i could maybe see some games triggering it, but its not the cause.

oldbikelvr

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 1, 2010
    Bloomington, IN
    No hit on you, but it's kink of hard for me to take with a grain of salt when I was denied for all disability, after my arm was almost ripped off. It would be nice to be able to know what this is all about, though.

I'm not sure how long ago this was, but I would recommend talking to the DAV and appealing the decision. The DAV is by far the most proactive service organization for disabled vets.

ruger7722

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 1, 2008
    indy
    oldbikelvr,i think got it right,but he is saying its from x box violence.i am not trying to pull any legs,it just seemed crazy

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I know some iron workers that have stories that don't quite add up. They're a union of story tellers. I don't know if the weld more or gab more.
    I bet the kid would fit right in.

Bucko

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 21, 2010
    Indy South
    Just curious, what part of Iraq was your buddy in? Doesn't sound like the same Iraq that my son has been in for the last 4 months. My boy is in the southern part, and while not as bad as it used to be, they have "threats" daily.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Trying to read what he typed, well my eye almost bleed. I guess he is saying that some people in Iraq, played to much S*** BOX, and now have PTSS. All I can say is cry me a river. My good friend lost six guys on his last tour. He is the platoon commander. He is still doing his job.

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 3, 2010
    West of Louisville
    Just curious, what part of Iraq was your buddy in? Doesn't sound like the same Iraq that my son has been in for the last 4 months. My boy is in the southern part, and while not as bad as it used to be, they have "threats" daily.

Yes, it depends on where your at. In 2009 we took IDF a 119 times. Also when the sun goes down, some cities are worse than others...

Top Bottom