• ...and so much more!
  • DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Crosley

They just added a new short range. It may be only 10 yards, I haven't paid much attention since I'm usually shooting rifles. The other ranges are 30 yards, 50 yards, 100 yards, and 200 yards with nice high berms between them. There are limited positions at each distance. Four is the max (2 at 200) and some of you had better be left-handed. Right now the range hours are 8:00 - 5:00 I think. It is free. It is paper targets only and they don't provide or sell them. I always take cardboard target backers and a staple gun, too. A DNR guy may show up now and then. As long as you have a range card filled out in your possession and are following the posted rules, you're good to go. The very solid wood benches are on level concrete and under roof.

We always try to get there at opening time. Even on weekends, you'll probably have the place to yourself for a while.

Don't drive your Corvette. It might not make it in there.

CopperWires

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    Crosley is just south of North Vernon off HWY 3. Not sure how to get to the range though. You may not even need to use HWY 3. I have only been there once.

MoparMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Nice place. Quiet on weekends early when we've been there. Berms seperate each yardage lane so you can safely walk down your lane when you want.

g+16

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2009
    They have made vast inprovments over the years, when I was 16 yrs old all it was, was all open with some saw horses, now it's a damn nice range good berms, shelters, no one screwing with you, drn or state police may swing by but mostly just to talk, as long as you are'nt drinking or doing dope (you'd have to be pretty dumb, to do that at a range). A great place to shoot:rockwoot:

Trpanther

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I love Crosley it is located just south of N Vernon about 70miles (down I65) from Indianapolis.
    Range shooting areas are covered but be aware that the rest is not and can get very muddy. Ranges are 10yd 25yd 50yd 100yd and 200yd Bring your own targets and something to attach them to the cardboard. One more thing if snowy they do not clear the roads in there, the roads are steep and just more then one lane roads, after turning onto the road that leads to the range you go down a really steep hill and then up a very steep hill.
    I went down there two weeks ago just after the Friday/Saturday snow we had ( I have a four wheel drive). While Shooting some guy came up asking if I had a pull rope in my truck ( He thought it was a good Idea to drive his two wheel drive 1987 Toyota truck in there) he was stuck in between the two hills. I wish I could have helped him but I had forgotten my tow rope that day.

MoparMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Yea a 4x4 truck is definaely warranted during the snow. I remember while they were constructing the 10yd, you had to park up the hill and walk to the range. We had a lot of open time then, seem like not a lot of people like to take that journey.

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I haven't ventured down there yet, but I was thinking that someone was telling me that there's a "back" way to get to the range. Instead of winding back west/northwest off 3, you can take a county road south from Vernon and enter Crosley from the west side. Anyone know anything about that?

ZbornacSVT

Owner at Bobcat Armament
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Shelbyville
    I haven't ventured down there yet, but I was thinking that someone was telling me that there's a "back" way to get to the range. Instead of winding back west/northwest off 3, you can take a county road south from Vernon and enter Crosley from the west side. Anyone know anything about that?

Yup. it is the way I come in. With my big ole truck, it is the only way I would be able to make it due to the little bridge they have.....

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Directions

Kagnew.

If you take 7 from Columbus thru North Vernon, just as you enter Vernon, 7 curves left. Take the small street that goes straight instead of taking the curve then turn right at the stop sign. You'll cross the Muscatatuck River twice and pass a fork which goes to the right. You'll come to a road that only goes left. Turn there. There are houses on both corners. The one on the SW corner usually has a semi in the yard. That road will become gravel. Follow it until you see 2 stone pillars on the left. Turn left there. That road will fork and there is a sign for the range. You want to go left down the hill. When you go back up the hill, the range is on the left.

If you're not driving a 4WD and there's snow/ice on the road beyond the stone pillars, just go ahead and call a wrecker before you go any further.

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Kagnew.

If you take 7 from Columbus thru North Vernon, just as you enter Vernon, 7 curves left. Take the small street that goes straight instead of taking the curve then turn right at the stop sign. You'll cross the Muscatatuck River twice and pass a fork which goes to the right. You'll come to a road that only goes left. Turn there. There are houses on both corners. The one on the SW corner usually has a semi in the yard. That road will become gravel. Follow it until you see 2 stone pillars on the left. Turn left there. That road will fork and there is a sign for the range. You want to go left down the hill. When you go back up the hill, the range is on the left.

If you're not driving a 4WD and there's snow/ice on the road beyond the stone pillars, just go ahead and call a wrecker before you go any further.

Thanks! :)

ZbornacSVT

Owner at Bobcat Armament
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Shelbyville
    This should help visualize a bit more with the above directions

crosley.jpg

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Perfect

This should help visualize a bit more with the above directions

crosley.jpg

The road that is shown just west of what looks like a railroad hits SR 50 at a stoplight on the west edge of North Vernon. That's the route I take since I'm coming from I-65. I assume that's a RR but I don't think it's there. 10-4 on the sharp turn at the bridge. My Tundra will barely make it coming off the bridge going south.

Top Bottom