• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Good read. Wanna some 'interesting war stories' and some lessons on who should carry a gun, and who should be a 'combat training' instructor? Talk to Frank White. :yesway:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Good read. Sounds like he recognizes that not just cops but everyone deserves a fighting chance with the tools at their disposal against an armed individual with intent to do grave harm.

If left to the anti crowd all we would have is an empty hand.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    Great article. Living in the midwest, however, most people I will come in contact with that are all for "gun regulation" can easily dismiss this article. They don't see the almost war zone like atmosphere he describes as having any relevance to their lives.

I'd like to hear from the cops that work the smaller towns. I have patients that are Frankfort PD, most people that live in small towns would be blown away at the violent crime that happens. They see the news about Indy crime all the time and have no idea how many evil people exist everywhere.

There needs to be an interview with a group of LEO from the smaller towns that don't make the typical news. That would be more of an eye opener to the people that are 'middle of the road', and 'on the fence' about the concept of whether guns should be more or less regulated by the government.

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    Awesome read! Gonna pass this over to my BIL who is retired IMPD. We just had a very lengthy conversation that Open Carry is not a gray area in Indiana, it's 100% legal with your pink.

Thanks for the article Denny

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    Very good read. How does that jive with the 'militarization' of police. I would guess that comes from the administration side of police work.

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    Nice find. Great article.
    I remember a time I visited the Bronx and seen dozens of chained bicycles, well, they were bicycles until the wheels were stolen from them. That was probably 40 yrs. ago.

Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    I read this earlier today and it is indeed a great read. It's an eye opener as well and should be read by other law enforcement personal who serve in areas that have exceptional gun control and/or high crime rates.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    1. I admire that guy's candor and humility.
    2. Sometimes people who were raised with wrong values will get to the right place if they are open to recognizing truth.
    3. I am never going to New York.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    I shared this yesterday - thought some of my "circle of friends" could benefit from reading it. Good for him to realize that what he had always thought to be true didn't make any sense, and to correct himself accordingly.

Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    1. I admire that guy's candor and humility.
    2. Sometimes people who were raised with wrong values will get to the right place if they are open to recognizing truth.
    3. I am never going to New York.
    +1 to number 3

Top Bottom