A&A Optics sponsored Appleseed #2 Seelyville IN August 16th, and 17th.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indy-Mike

Sharpshooter
    Jul 5, 2013
    Carmel
    What time do does this start on Saturday. I'm bring my wife and would like to borrow a rifle for one of us to use if at all possible, I can take some ammo in exchange. I have one 10/22 and would prefer not to buy another. Let me know.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    What time do does this start on Saturday. I'm bring my wife and would like to borrow a rifle for one of us to use if at all possible, I can take some ammo in exchange. I have one 10/22 and would prefer not to buy another. Let me know.

Saturday start time is 830 sharp.

I think my 10-22 is spoken for, but Ill have a couple CZ 452's with me, and one of you is welcome to use one if you want, or Im sure someone will have a spare 10-22 if you would prefer that.

Brown

Sharpshooter
    May 27, 2009
    Brownsburg
    I will have spare rifles and mags to loan out. if anyone else needs loaner post it up here. I will start rounding them up from instructors.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Questions

Had a few questions:

Can only make it Saturday. Is there a one day sign up or do I just pay the two day price? Will I get a good introduction to the basics with just one day?

Fairly inexperienced shooter. Am I better off getting some range time on my own or should I attend Appleseed and learn the basics so I can practice the right way rather than learning bad habits that need unlearned later?

Have a 10/22 Takedown. Got the front swivel for the sling installed easily. With the hollow stock do I just drill the hole and screw in the post or are there some magic tricks to follow?

Have read the FAQ and checklist, any other first timer advice from the experts?

Sounds like a great program and look forward to attending an Appleseed event.

Brown

Sharpshooter
    May 27, 2009
    Brownsburg
    The rate is a flat rate. one or two day.

A Vast majority of the instruction is done on Saturday. Sunday is a lot of AQT grind and fine tuning. We can teach you the basics just fine. even if you show up with a new in the box never fired rifle. It would help us though if you can identify to us you may need a little extra attention.
    Don't worry about the sling. we can put it on with a zip tie if needed and you can use it without the rear mount point if not able to get something installed prior to event kick off.
    Bring a second mag for that takedown if you can. it will help you a bunch on some of the AQT stages. one of the instructors MAY have a spare for you to borrow.

Come with a open mind and ready to learn and you will be ahead of the game!

Had a few questions:

Can only make it Saturday. Is there a one day sign up or do I just pay the two day price? Will I get a good introduction to the basics with just one day?

Fairly inexperienced shooter. Am I better off getting some range time on my own or should I attend Appleseed and learn the basics so I can practice the right way rather than learning bad habits that need unlearned later?

Have a 10/22 Takedown. Got the front swivel for the sling installed easily. With the hollow stock do I just drill the hole and screw in the post or are there some magic tricks to follow?

Have read the FAQ and checklist, any other first timer advice from the experts?

Sounds like a great program and look forward to attending an Appleseed event.

Last edited:

Brown

Sharpshooter
    May 27, 2009
    Brownsburg
    Down to 10 tickets left! this last week is typically a flurry of sign ups so don't miss out thinking you can just sign up at the last minute!

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Mar 14, 2008
    Just signed up three young ladies & looking forward to all the fun.

Huntinfool

Sharpshooter
    Mar 17, 2013
    Hey guys, I'm not going to be able to attend the shoot this weekend. I need to pay for my ticket yet, and wanted to let you know, so you could use my reserved spot for someone that can come. -

Nothing like work messing up a perfectly good plan. - Sorry

Brown

Sharpshooter
    May 27, 2009
    Brownsburg
    Sorry to hear that Huntinfool. That opens a slot for someone else though.

Folks we have loaner rifles available and 22 rimfire for use by youth available so dont let either of those issues restrict you from signing up. This will be a heck of a lot of fun this weekend. Optics,history,and oh yeah do a little shooting also!

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    I was just asked, so I thought I should clarify.

I will have all my demo scopes on site, for everyone to see, but I wont have anything to sell. If your interested in something, or think you might be I don't mind bringing it along, but let me know what it is your looking at.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    If you guys need an extra rifle or two, let me know. Im close and have 2 appleseed rifles ready to go.

Top Bottom