• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kinorton

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 20, 2010
    Indianapolis
    My fist hand gun was a a Glock 22, so I am kinda partial to the 40 cal. I am lookin for a good every day carry gun. So trying to decide between a 9 mm and a 40 cal.

grimor

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2010
    Elkhart
    I like the 40, but not a fan of carrying the G22. I carry a Sig P229. It's a bit big, but so am I. Are you primarily IWB? OWB? OC? CC?

col132

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2010
    Sounds like you had exactly what you wanted with the G22. If you were comfortable with it, why change? Nothing wrong with it, or a Sig, M&P, or a plethora of other guns currently on the market.

grimor

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2010
    Elkhart
    fo rCC, depending on your build you might be more comfortable with a smaller gun. The best advice I can give is go to a shop and handle as many as you can to see what is comfortable. 9mm/40, 357... with good placement they all get someone's attention.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    For CC I like the 9mm better, you can have more rounds in a small gun but still enough power to have the job done.

kinorton

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 20, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Sounds like you had exactly what you wanted with the G22. If you were comfortable with it, why change? Nothing wrong with it, or a Sig, M&P, or a plethora of other guns currently on the market.

Had to sell it due to hard times, also a little to big for CC. In my opinion. For me any way.

semperfi211

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Near Lowell
    I feel the glock22 is a great gun and the .40 is a great round. If I had to choose between a 9 or a 40,I would choose the 9 for two reasons. Cheaper ammo and a lil bit higher capacity.

modelflyer2003

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Eastern Indiana
    My fist hand gun was a a Glock 22, so I am kinda partial to the 40 cal. I am lookin for a good every day carry gun. So trying to decide between a 9 mm and a 40 cal.
    When I was trying to decide between a Glock 26 and a Glock 27, I chose the 26, because I could afford to shoot more. In a perfect world (i.e. if I had more cash flow), I would practice with the 26 and carry a 27. The deciding factor for me was that I could shoot twice as much for the same dollar amount. I say carry the 40, if you can. A 9mm is not too shabby when the correct ammo is used. I'm glad you have an option.

kinorton

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 20, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I really do love this site, I get great advice and a wealth of knowledge every time I check it out. I would like to thank every one for their input.

modelflyer2003

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Eastern Indiana
    This is an awesome website, I agree. I get caught posting things that have already been posted at times, though. There is so much info that I cannot keep up with it. I can never read even a tenth of what is posted here, so subsequently I get zinged now and then. A cool feature is the SEARCH. I bet if you do a quick search, your question has been posted previously by another member. No worries though, everyone must blaze his/her own trail. During the ammo shortage, I had a hard time finding 9mm on the shelf, but there was always 40 caliber. I could never really figure out why. There was a real shortage on .380. That had to do with gun sales and license requests going through the roof after Obama was elected. "...From my cold dead hands!" is a statement that apparently resonates with the country. There are 40 and 9mm lovers as well as 45 lovers. Just carry often and carry safe.

MontereyC6

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Greenwood
    My real problem is I think have found the gun I want in the classifieds, I just need my 50 post so I can make my offer. I respect and understand the sites rules. So I am working on my 50 posts. I am going to go with a 9mm this time around.

You can also become a site supporter for $10($11 for paypal), and that will get you access to the classifieds. Thanks for trying to do things by the rules of the site. Rep is inbound!

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    If you were looking into a Glock 26 or 27, if you buy the 27, you can always drop in a 9mm barrel and get some 9mm mags and shoot 9 at the range, but carry it with the stock 40 barrel. You can't go the other way though.

BurninBrass

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    between a couple cornfields
    I'm surprised no one has suggested a Glock 23 (or 19 if you want 9mm). Smaller than the 22 that you were used to. The 26/27 is just too small IMO without the grip extensions on the magazine. And with the grip extensions, it is very close to the 23 height. The 26/27 also has more of a hump to the backstrap. I very much prefer the 23.

But it goes without saying, go to a local shop and hold any many different models from as many manufacturers as possible to see what fits your hands and budget the best.

indymike

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jun 29, 2009
    IMHO, choose the caliber you can afford to shoot the most and the one with the least muzzle flip. If you can afford the extra cash needed to buy .40 and you can handle the extra bit of muzzle flip and put follow up shots on target as fast as you can with 9mm, go .40 (though again IMHO, that wouldn't be most people).

In the 9mm vs. 40 vs. 45 wars, I think most reasonable people can agree that shot placement trumps ballistics with a solid round like Speer Gold Dot. A handgun is a handgun and not a rifle, even with .45 +P rounds, it's still a handgun. With that in mind, the round and gun you can practice, practice and practice more with the most is the caliber to choose....oh and learn what and how to practice, probably more important that how much you practice.

Top Bottom