• 9mm Rifle

• Total voters

Bearclaw

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    Anderson
    I have some extra Christmas money coming and I'm wanting to get in to a 9mm rifle. Cheap ammo and just looks fun to shoot. I have been thinking about a Sub2000 in the Glock 19 configuration. A Beretta CX4 Storm, or possibly an UZI. I currently have a Ruger SR9c in 9mm so the mags for all of these would be new to the collection. Down the road, I would like to cut the barrel and run it as a SBR and add a suppressor as money becomes available. Never fired or even held any of these so any info would would be great. Thanks.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I talked to a guy who has a 9mm AR and he really was excited about it. He has a suppressor on it and shoots subsonic loads. He says it's a hoot to shoot!

I think they would be fun, especially if you shoot .223 AR often.

Vamptepes

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 20, 2013
    Eagledale
    Palmetto offers there own brand of 9mm. Right now a rifle kit is 500. Minus magazine and a lower. Not on sale is 629. But even the. If you have to buy everything at full price you wouldn't be much more then 750. If I had the money I'd get the kit right now with the free shipping

maverick18

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Clinton County
    I have a sub2k, and I love it. I am incredibly accurate with it and the folding feature is HUGE for me. I keep it in a go bag and travel with it. With that being said, if you dont need the folding feature, the cx4 is a way better weapon stock. If you like to customize and accessorize, the sub2k is the winner. So many smaller start up companies making innovative options for these little guns. So really its what you want to do with it.
    Also take a look at the new carbine from Taurus. I havent had a chance to fire one yet, but I did fondle one at the LGS at it was very ergonomical. And the Brazilian police are starting to carry them as well.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    I talked to a guy who has a 9mm AR and he really was excited about it. He has a suppressor on it and shoots subsonic loads. He says it's a hoot to shoot!

I think they would be fun, especially if you shoot .223 AR often.

They are a lot of fun. I love mine. I also have three friends who have them.

What about this one? Just need a stripped lower. I've been thinking of ordering one of these...

PSA 16" 9mm 1:10 Melonite Rifle Kit - No magazine - AR-9

I saw that a few weeks back but haven't seen any reviews yet. I was hoping someone on here would get one.

Palmetto offers there own brand of 9mm. Right now a rifle kit is 500. Minus magazine and a lower. Not on sale is 629. But even the. If you have to buy everything at full price you wouldn't be much more then 750. If I had the money I'd get the kit right now with the free shipping

We need somebody on here to pull the trigger and see how they are. :)

Tula47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Jun 28, 2013
    Knox Co.
    I have an Uzi and a Kel Tec. The Uzi is definitely more fun to shoot but very heavy. Uzi's are also easy to SBR if that's what you're wanting to do in the future

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    I personally have the 9mm Sub2K in the Glock version and its just flat out fun. An for what it is its very accurate and the benefit of cheap an plentiful mags that work with my Glock pistol is a huge bonus. The main reason I didn't go with the AR platform was the cost. But I have to say the weight savings on the Sub2k is very nice the thing doesn't weight hardly anything I plan on run-n-gunning with it here on the carbine course. But yes the sights do kinda suck but they can be upgraded. With that being said the Berretta is pretty sweet as I've shot one of those in the past, it was just a bit out of my price range at the time for no more than I do with the rifle. either way you decide to go you'll enjoy it. 9mm carbines are just fun :yesway:

Bearclaw

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    Anderson
    Sorry I should of put a price. I was wanting to keep in in the $500-$700 range. I know that the Uzi is a little more but not by much. That is why the AR has been off. The ARs have always seemed like a lot more. Plus Im building a AR pistol ow and was looking for something a little different.

dave29

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jul 8, 2009
    Lawrenceburg
    We need somebody on here to pull the trigger and see how they are. :)

I have 2- 9mm AR's. A 5" SBR and a 16" carbine. By far my favorite AR's to shoot. I have been thinking about buying one of these kits because they're so cheap. Also, the PSA 9mm mags are made by Metalform, so they are good to go for a really good price. I missed them for $23 last week, I think they're $28 now.

Top Bottom